The Families Of The Dead

Rikus pov

I walked up to the run down house with a heavy heart. We all agreed that we should tell the families of the dead what happened. I'm in charge of telling midoris little brother.

I wanted to back out but I couldn't. I owed it to her to tell her little brother what happened.

I opened the door and a twelve-thriteen year old boy answered.

"Umm hello are you midoris brother?" I asked.

"yes! Do you know where she is?" he asked looking desperate.

I sighed "I'm sorry but she died protecting you"

He broke down on his knees "first mom and now big sis? How many people are going to die for my sake!?"

I pulled him into a hug "I'm sorry, she was important to me too. That's why I've decided to stay with you to make sure you're not alone"

He wiped his tears "really? You want to stay in a rundown place like this?"

"better than staying with my parents" I muttered.

"alright I'd like that but could you please give me a minute to process what you just told me?"

"that's fine I'll come back later"

"thank you!"

I left the house and immediately heard loud painful sobs when I did. I sighed and kept walking. I came to a park where I saw Aiko hugging her knees.

"where you visiting the victims families too?" I asked.

"yep. Goddamn dumbass left behind a single mother and two brothers"

I took a seat next to her "it hard telling them that they're loved ones dead it's really hard"

"yeah" she placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled reassuringly. "but that doesn't mean we should give up. A guy I really look up to once told me never to give up on hope and I don't plan to. I believe you can be strong like that too riku"

She got up and walked away. I felt my cheeks burn up. The way she talks kinda reminds me of madori.