Chapter 39 - "A Warlock"

Jeonghan looked at Joshua and angerly pointed at him. The younger one knows his brother is not going to be happy of what he just discovered.

"We'll talk about this later."

_ _ _

A big, dark, beasts stands in front of them, slowly crawling it's way to the two boys, ready to attack them any second.

"Stay back!" Chan angerly shouted with his sweat dripping down his face.

"Hyung—"

The creature then sprinted closer to the two as Chan held up his right hand, along with his left hand intertwined with Samuel's, tightly. They were clearly defenseless, and couldn't call for help even if they wanted to, the site was too far in the first place.

"I said stay back!"

Everything froze, as the two had closed their eyes shut, scared to be eated to death by a dark beast.

A strong, powerful magic escaped the older's hands as it slowly hit the creatures chest. Once the mysterious magic had hit it, it slowly fell down to the ground. Knocked down cold, causing a loud thud.

"What in the... "

_ _ _

The group of boys sprinted through the woods, swords in the air, preparing what's yet to come. Who know what could ever happen to those two boys.

Mingyu ran as fast as he could. He could see a familiar, colored shirt in the distance. He's sure it had to be Samuel.

Yet, the taller wasn't aware of the vines below him—causing him to trip and sprain his ankles.

Wonwoo—who was near the oblivious and poor boy, ran over to him and helped him up. Mingyu groaned and slowly stood up.

"Ouch! That hurts!" Mingyu curses under his breath.

"Are you alright? Do you need help walking?" Wonwoo offered.

Mingyu lifted up his eyes, meeting Wonwoo's fox—like—eyes, gazing below him. Though his stare might look intimidating, the younger thought he had beautiful eyes... pointed nose, fluffly and silky hair. He probably said that a million times by now.

The ghoul cleared his throat, trying not to say anything that could embarrass himself in front of the older. Wonwoo softly smiled and sat beside him.

"I guess I'll stay here before the others come back."

Meanwhile... Seungcheol and the others who were in front of Jihoon stopped, sword dropping to the ground, almost shocked. Causing him to become curious of what was happening in front of the. He slowly pushed the others to the side only for his eyes to become wide, heart racing and his lips part.

There, in front of him is a beast, along with Chan and little brother behind him. He quickly ran over to Samuel and embraced him tightly, he could feel the sweat dripping down his brother's body—probably from fear.

"How in the world..." Jun muttered with a frown, while staring at the now frozen cold, corpse of a beast in front of them.