Chapter 42 - "Lovely Night"

The festival has started, and Wonwoo wasn't really fond of social gatherings. For him, it was a bit too noisy for his liking. So, he decided to stay in a nearby lake.

No one was there and it was peaceful. Just how Wonwoo liked it. He slowly touched the cold water and stared at his reflection, only to notice the bright moon in the sky.

"How beautiful." Wonwoo muttered, a small smile forming on his lips.

"What's beautiful?" A voice said, making Wonwoo jump out of surprise.

The latter looked up to see Mingyu with a smile plastered on his face.

"Hey hyung." He greeted as he sat down beside the older. "What are you doing here? Aren't you going to celebrate the lantern festival with the others?"

Wonwoo fell silent. How should he respond? He just straight up doesn't like noisy places.

"I just want to be somewhere quiet. I found this lake and I thought it was perfect." Wonwoo said, followed by a small giggle. "How did you find me anyway?"

Mingyu froze and suddenly got flustered. Should he tell the truth? Or should he just find some other way to avoid this situation?

"Uhmm, I like lakes too—"

"You went out and look for me, didn't you?" The latter said blankly.

"Fine, fine, I did." Mingyu said surrenders as Wonwoo had already caught him.

"But why?"

"Why not?"

Wonwoo gave the younger a death glare, earning a small chuckle from the other. Silence engulfed them, along with the muffled sound of the festival from afar.

It was a very comfortable atmosphere, just like how Wonwoo wanted it. He started to play with the cold water once again. The latter looked down at his reflection, but it's not the moon that he noticed this time. It was Mingyu.

Mingyu was looking at the moon, and Wonwoo couldn't help but stare at the younger. Mingyu looked ethereal, almost as if the moonlight shined upon him, and only him.

Wonwoo stared at Mingyu for a good minute, thinking about how does someone looks this perfect? He kept denying his feelings for the other, but now...

He's sure that he's in love with Mingyu.

Not long enough, Mingyu caught Wonwoo staring. Wonwoo got startled and accidentally splashed the water on his face, causing his glasses to go crooked.

Mingyu lets out a soft chuckle, meanwhile, Wonwoo's heart couldn't stop beating every second. The older's face turned red. He hid his face by looking away, not wanting the younger to see him this way.

The latter gently took Wonwoo's chin to fix his glasses and faced him the other way making their eyes meet. The older wouldn't lie, his heart is beating like crazy.

He grabbed the older's glasses and placed them down on his lap, due to his glasses getting wet.

Unconsciously, Mingyu stared at Wonwoo for a few minutes and admired every inch of his face. The older's face started to heat up as the other continued to stare.