Chapter 41 - "The Latern Festival"

Really long chapter ahead! Enjoy! :)

The kingdom celebrated the arrival of the boys until the moon had appeared, and the sun had slept.

In the plaza, there held a festival. Lanterns up in the sky, music filled the air, and creatures dancing. It was very lively you say. It's not every day the Kingdom celebrated heroes' arrival.

It just so happens that their arrival is at the same time as the lantern festival in the kingdom.

It was a sight to see. A lively kingdom with creatures dancing as if it's the last time the moon would shine brightly up in the dark, blue sky.

The caladrius is slowly walking, admiring the small shops alined around the plaza. The others decided to explore the plaza more, that's why they got separated.

Seungkwan wanted to buy something to drink, but it seems impossible since there are so many drinks to pick from. Finally, he had grabbed a small, yellow drink from an unfamiliar store. He fished out some coins from his pocket and kindly gave them to the old man who was behind the stall.

The latter continues to walk around as the lively music plays, and villagers gathered to the center and start to dance.

Seungkwan smiled to see many creatures enjoying their night. He saw Hansol awkwardly sitting at a small table, eating some berries. The taller decided to go up to the younger.

"Hey Hansol." Seungkwan greeted with a smile as he took one last sip of his drink. "What are you doing all alone? I thought you were with Chan and Samuel earlier?"

"The two decided to buy some apple pie across from here, and here I am." Hansol said as he filled his mouth with the yellow berries.

"Aren't you bored?" He asked.

"I don't think so." He replied.

Seungkwan scrunched up his nose in annoyance. What type of answer is that? He thought.

He sat across the wendigo as he thought of something that could pass the time along with the other who had nothing else to do than shove berries in his mouth.

Suddenly, an idea came up to his mind. He stood up and grabbed Hansol's hand making the other startled.

"What are you doing?"

"We're gonna have some fun!"

He dragged the poor boy to the center of the plaza where many creatures danced. Seungkwan began to dance as Hansol laughed at the sight.

"Come on! Dance with me." Seungkwan offered, and somehow, Hansol could not resist.

Hansol looked at Seungkwan as their eyes connected. Almost as if the world had slowed down and his eyes only focused on the boy in front of him. The only thing he could hear is his heart beating loudly.

That's when Hansol realized that he fell in love.

- - -

Minghao stood uncomfortably beside a small stall of potions. He didn't know where to go or who to go to, the others already got out of his sight.

His eyes roamed around the plaza and his eyes landed on Hansol and Seungkwan. And he couldn't help but smile at the two having fun.

"Looks like they're having the time of their lives." He mumbled.

"Well, aren't you gonna dance as they did?"

Minghao jumped from the sudden voice. He looked left and right yet he didn't he anyone making him frown.

"Up here." The voice said with a chuckle.