Chapter 30 - "Assassinated"

Jeonghan;

I couldn't believe it.

The necklace that mom gave Joshua is now gone. That bastard took it! I could feel how Joshua is blaming himself inside right now.

We are now following a trail which is leading us to somewhere.

Maya, the bird that the witch gave us is guiding us. Where are we even going? A few hours left before night falls yet, it looks like were making no progress.

I sighed, I couldn't help but think something bad is going to happen. Is it because of that bird? No. It's not it either.

I really need to clear my mind off. I stared at my hands that are now shaking. Maybe I should eat something.

Fishing out something from my bag and bought out some bread. The old man at the stay-in was kind enough to give us food on the road. Quite adorable you say, he even bragged that his wife made it.

Reminds me of someone.

_ _ _

"Hey mom! The bread and the pie you made is so delicious! Could you make more?"

A young boy peeked through the table. Along with a woman in front of him, chuckling.

"Of course I will my dear! But make sure you don't eat too much. Or else you'll get a tummy ache. "

The woman warmly smiled as tje small boy hugged her in response. But what he didn't knew, that behind that smile...

Is filled with secrets.

_ _ _

What are you hiding from us, mom?

I frowned, why does that wizard know our mother? Surely mom would've said something to us, she never keeps secrets from us... Right?

I need to know the truth. I need to know what she is hiding.

Not now but soon.

My gaze suddenly landed to the person beside me, who had be awfully quiet since we left the village.

"Seungcheol?"

_ _ _

Jeonghan softly spoke up, yet still no reponse from the other. The younger was concerned about him, he looked like a mess.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Leave me alone!"

Jeonghan was a little taken aback from the other's response. He had never seen this side of Seungcheol before-yet he knew the older had very bad temper.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to pull your trigger. I'm trying to help, so could you at least talk a little softe-"

"I don't need your help! Can't you see I have a lot on my mind?! If you wanted to help you could just be silent!"

Seungcheol shouted back, he is a mess. His head filled with these emotions he couldn't figure out how to handle. All this pressure and stress just poured out.

Jeonghan frowned, he was surprised from Seungcheol's words. He was even scared at the way he looked when he shouted at him.

"Well excuse you! How could I know? I just wanted to talk to you calmly yet you just shouted back! We all have a lot of stuff in my mind, did you even think about what I'm feeling right now? Do you!?"

Seungcheol fell silent from the sudden out burst. He frowned as he can see the tears began to form in the younger's eyes.

"No! You don't! I was only trying to help, you could have at least rejected softly! There is no need to shout. I know you have bad temper but could you at least control it!?"

Jeonghan huffed, he was angry at the fact that Seungcheol was acting so rudely towards him, when just wanted to help clear off the older's mind.

"You better get yourself together Choi Seungcheol."

Jeonghan glared at him and started to walk away. But once he was about to turn and leave, something hard came contact with his head.

He started to get dizzy and his head started to hurt badly. Suddenly, I loud siren was heard making him cover his ears.

Jeonghan didn't know what was happening, but he knew this isn't a good thing.

His head started to ache more, eye lids started to become heavier. As his vision bacemt to a blur.

And the last thing he was Seungcheol's figure in front of him, as a bunch of strange creatures swormed him.

"Seungcheol!"

_ _ _

C h a p t e r

F i l l e r

Exams are almost ending!

I apologize for the short chapter filler, I will update a full chapter soon once the exams have ended :)

Anyways, I'm very excited for SEVENTEEN's new album and Knowing bros comeback! Hope y'all are excited too! >~<