Chapter 7 - "Human?"

Chan:
I have been lurking in the woods for a long time now, I have no clue how long though. I pretty much lost track of time. But what I noticed is... These woods are very weird. I don't know if I'm just hallucinating or what... But I just saw a few things flying around. And they're somewhat glowing. I shook my head.

"Stop thinking things... Just find shelter and food." I said under my breath.

I continued to roam around a few more but it was no use. It was just trees and other stuff you find in the forest. I want to give up but I know I won't last long if I slept in the open. Who knows what this forest holds?

Maybe I was just thinking things... But I swear I heard something moving in the bushes behind me. I was too scared to look so I continued on walking when suddenly...

Thick, pink, glittery dust was surrounding me Making me feel dizzy. And the last thing I saw was a bunch of weird-looking creatures looking down on me before I blacked out.

Seokmin:

"Quite cute little guy, eh?" I think Jeonghan is his name... Maybe a hyung to me too.

A few seconds ago we captured the human. I wonder, how did it get here?

"We better take this to the king-" Seungcheol hyung said but got caught off by a weird noise.

We looked at the human to see light blue smoke coming out of him. Our eyes widen, is he not human? What type of creature is he?

"Well, this is strange."

---

Chan:

I flutter my eyes open, Jeez... I got a really bad headache.

"It's awake!" A loud gasp was heard.

Suddenly, strange creatures started to surround me. I bolted and sat up. Where am I? Who are these people!? Am I dreaming?

"W-What the-"

"Ah... Looks like a very young human." The teal-colored creature said.

I looked around trying to catch my breath. I was being surrounded by 'things' I don't know of! Some had pink skin... Scales, fins, Wings?!

"Where am I?" I stuttered, fear rushing over my body.

"Why are you in our world human? What to you wan-" The human-like man with black hair said but cut off by a creature with wings.

"Seungcheol hyung, calm down... He might not be human." He said frowning at the taller. He looks over to me and smiles. "What's your name?"

Seriously? Who are and what are these creatures? Who knows if I'm in danger?

I opened my mouth but no words came out, I was too scared. The creature with bat wings in his back chuckles grabbing their attention.

"We aren't any harm... We won't hurt you, so don't worry. Were friends." He smiles, huh... He isn't normal either.

I hesitated at first but I finally got the courage to talk.

"I-I'm Lee Chan... S-Sixteen years old." I stuttered, I looked down to see I was in a bed. But made out of leaves?... Wait don't tell me I'm in-

"Welcome to the Carat Kingdom! A world where Mythical Creatures exist!" The creature with fins on his head. B-But I thought it was just stories to scare children? Please tell me I'm just going insane- Wait. No! That will be worse. But it's better than being in a world with creatures you don't know what's capable of doing!

I couldn't speak, I stared at each one of them. I'm going insane. I looked around to see I'm in a somewhat wooden cottage? Or something that's made out of wood. I looked back at the creatures in front of me... There were 13 of them.

"Y-Your not going to eat me... Won't you?" I ask shaking. They looked at each other and burst out of laugher.

"We won't, we aren't that 'kind' of creatures." The creature with pale skin and long hair said before chuckling.

"But better watch out. There are a few who attract human scent." The weird-looking dude with a huge mask on said calmly. I gulped thinking; Will I even survive long enough here?

"Are you sure he's human?... I mean, We all saw what happened earlier didn't we?" The one with the glasses said, he looks very normal as a human being. I got confused, I don't remember anything...

"I reported the king about it and he said he'll-

Suddenly, A human-like creature with an oak body and leaves for hair. Strange... This place is quite... Weird. Well, It's better than living with those monsters...

"Or dear heroes, The king has asked for your presence. Along with the human you brought, the king needs to speak a few words." He said and bowed.

"Sure Younwon, We'll be there in just a second." The guy with what seems like tree roots as arms said.

The pink-colored creature looked at me with a smile. He held out his hand for me to grab as I obeyed. Well... They're pretty nice...

"Come, let us meet the king."

---

Joshua:

We got out of the treehouse to go back to the castle. I looked at the human boy and warmly smiled. He isn't that bad after all... He isn't like the ones I met so far.

---

Once we arrived back at the palace. We got greeted by father's bright smile. We went in front of him and bowed.

"Father, This is the human who got into our world." I said feeling nervous. I don't know what my father is going to do to this poor human.

He stood up and went to the human who was pretty much trembling with fear. Can't blame him though, We are quite unique.

"You..." Father said squinting his eyes at the human. "You need to stay here for a little... We need to observe you for a little." He said a little surprised.

"But for now," He smiled and shook his hand. "Welcome to the Carat Kingdom, my boy!" I smiled, he's still cheerful, and friendly. I'm glad being a ruler of this kingdom didn't affect his ego. He's still my humble father.

"And for you boys," He said looking a the 11 boys behind us with a smile. "You'll be staying in the castle for a while."

"But why is that our king?" The guy Seokmin said. I shifted my gaze up to him, making our eyes meet. He quickly looked the other way with a little tint of pink on his cheeks making me chuckle.

I looked at my father who looked a little uneasy. I know something is bothering him.

"It's for the sake of our kingdom. If you don't mind?" He asks hesitantly.

"Of course our king, we won't mind." Seungcheol said forcing a smile. I know he doesn't want to be here, but I know he wants what's best for the kingdom.

"Wonderful."