Chapter 37 - "Broken Memories"

_ _ _

Many creatures begged on top of their lungs as they scream in pain.

Their skin were burnt o crisp, structures burn into the painful heat of the fire surrounding the village, there is no mercy, and there is no escape.

They were attacked.

But by who?...

Innocent and pure souls burned down into the depths of flames. No one knows who did this. But all they know is a heartless demon could do such things.

A figure, carrying a small child around his arms as he runs across the burning village as many have suffered. He sprinted through, reaching the cold, thick, forest where a young woman with big antlers, silky brown hair, and what seemed to be a little boy, standing beside her,  holding her hand. Along with an old man, standing along behind her.

"My baby!"

The woman quickly grabbed the child away from the figure's embrace, cradling him as he cried louder. The figure pulled out his hood, panting as many cuts and burnt bruises were covered by his sweat.

"Melody, it's not safe here. You and our children need to get run away from here! Far! Far away from here!" The man whispered as he hesitantly exvhanhed gazes at the burning village and into his lover's eyes.

"But what about you? Wonji it's not safe here. You need to come with us!" she protested.

"No, Melody. You need to run. Run as fast as you can, and never look back."

"But—"

"Just go!"

The woman cried as her tears flow down her porcelain skin. Wonji looked over to his father and huffed. The small boy behind her ran up to his father, pulling him into a tight embrave as he cries little tears, streaming down his face.

"Keep them safe for me."

Wonji's father only nodded as Melody only wrapped her arms onto her lover's embrace one last time.

Suddenly, a red hooded figure appeared amongst the burning fire with a bloody, red sword on it's hands. Walking towards them.

"Run Melody! Run!" He shouted.

The three ran far away from the burning village, along with the baby with them. Even if Melody was carrying an her daughter in her arms, she still managed to run.

Once they have reached the end of the forest, a big lake was seen. They hopped on a small boat, and began to paddle away from the now burning forest.

It was only Wonji and the hooded figure left behind.

Wonji was clearly defenseless, staring off into the figure in front of him with blank eyes. They took everything from him. His family, his home, his strength, even his power.