Underground Travels

"WHAT THE FU-"

"SHH!"

My mouth clamped shut of its own accord, both of us falling into silence as we stared at each other. 

It was a man. Middle-aged with a dark complexion and dressed entirely in black. His face was bloodied and bruised, a black patch covered his left eye in the resemblance of a pirate while the other was fixed on me in a shocked scrutiny.

"Who the hell are you?" 

The question broke me free from my silent gawking and I cleared my throat, in a manner I hoped was, nonchalant.

"I could ask the same to you, Mister."

The man raised his one eyebrow, almost challengingly and I gulped.

"My name," he said intimidatingly, "is Nick Fury."

WHAT?

"Wait, wh-" I was cut off by the abrupt noise from the gaping hole and I just had enough time to catch myself as the man leapt back, aiming a gadget above.

"Son of a bitch." He cursed under his breath, before turning and powering the device in his hand.

A blue spark emitted between the tongs as he pushed it to one wall of the tunnel and cutting through the stone. Without thinking, I jumped up.

"Hey! That's the wrong way. The path you're carving leads to the sewage tunnels."

Nick Fury turned to me, his eye pinning me in place and I froze. "And how would you know that?"

"Actually," He whirled around completely to face me. "I have a lot of questions for you. Starting with who are you and what are you doing underground?"

"Oh well." I chuckled awkwardly. "That's a funny story actually. But before that, I have a question for you myself."

He looked at me unblinkingly for a minute before slightly inclining his head.

Taking it as a nonverbal permission to go on, I asked. "Are you 'The Nick Fury'? As in the director of SHIELD?"

Apparently, it was the wrong question to ask. His eyes narrowed instantly and his hand tightened around the weapon.

"How do you know about SHIELD?"

My eyes widened. "Oh! That um, that's not-"

"Who do you work for?" He cut off my stammering. "Are you with Hydra too?"

"Hydra?" I echoed in confusion, before shaking my head.

"I don't work for anyone." Then as a second thought, I added. "Except well... Tony, I guess."

The director wasn't convinced. "Who are you really?"

Figuring that he was probably paranoid due to being an intelligence agent himself, and knowing that it wouldn't end well for me if he was suspicious of my identity, I decided to come clean.

Sighing, I met his eyes. "Alright. I'll tell you everything."

A minute passed where we were locked in a staring contest, before slowly, he nodded for me to go on.

"Um okay, then." I began. "Well, I'm Aylin Salvatore and I work as a therapist for Tony Stark."

Nick raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "And I'm supposed to believe that?"

I opened my mouth to refute, but he didn't give me the chance. 

"You're what, 15? And you're a therapist to Iron Man?"