Interrogations And Revelations

I exhaled shakily, palms sweating as I gripped the tray tightly.

"C'mon girl, you can do this."

With another breath, I sauntered ahead, eyes cast downward as I turned into the doorway to the lab.
I barely glimpsed at the back of the billionaire before I marched forth and dropped the tray on the table behind him.

It hit the surface with a loud clank and Tony jumped, whirling around.

Seeing me, his eyes squinted. "What do you want?"

I looked up then, meeting his inquisitive gaze head on. "Forgiveness."

"Huh?"

I nodded towards the table, and he glanced down, picking up the note I had placed in the tray along with the prettily decorated frosted cupcake I had spent hours perfecting in the kitchen.

" 'Dear Tinny,' " he paused, arching an eyebrow at me. "Really? You want my forgiveness but start with that God-awful nickname?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "Just read."

He huffed but did as I asked. " 'I'm so, so, so, so, so-' Goodness! How many 'so's' are these?"

"Thirty." I replied.

Tony gave me a weird look.

"Okayyy....." He trailed off before continuing. "Ahem... 'I'm so,' times thirty, 'sorry for starting a fire in your expensive lab. And also for running away from the problem, that I made in the first place, and leaving you to handle the mess.' Damn right, you did!"

This time I didn't hesitate to roll my eyes.

" 'I didn't mean to make you the sacrificial lamb, but I did it anyway. So I hope you forgive me for that as well. And thank you for not calling the cops on me for destruction of property, because I honestly don't know how I'd spend time in jail without being able to eat good food.' " He stopped, looking up at me incredulously.
"Really, that's what you're worried about? Not being able to eat good food?"

"Well yeah... What's more important than that?" I crossed my arms.

"Oh I don't know, your life being ruined after going to prison?" His tone dripped with sarcasm.

"Well you didn't have me arrested now, did you?"

He rolled his eyes. "Of course not! You're just a kid, I'm not that cruel."

"Whatever, just finish reading already."

"Fine." He cleared his throat. "Right so where was I? Let's see... aha! 'I promise to try my best to refrain from any such accidents in the future. I will also redesign your lab if you want. But for now, please accept my token of apology that is this cupcake and grant me your humble forgiveness.' "

Tony dropped the note back onto the tray and picked up the baked delicacy, examining it for a brief moment before taking a cautious bite.

A beat of silence passed where I watched with abated breath as he chewed and swallowed, before he spoke again.

"This is..." He focused on me. "Surprisingly very good."

I let out a sigh of relief, just as he enquired. "What did you put in it?"

"My love." I answered, grinning cheekily.

He gave me a blank look and my pride deflated as I rolled my eyes again.