Underground Water Slide

"You want me to what?!" I questioned incredulously, not quite believing my ears.

Willow stared at me blankly.

He literally has no facial features except the glowing eyes, of course his expression would be blank.

"I want you to create an underground tunnel."

I ignored the smartass voice in my head and focused on the floating creature, narrowing my eyes at him.

"You do realize that we are in a place where there could very well be dangerous animals, right?"

Willow lifted his shoulders in an indifferent shrug. "I suppose there could be."

I clenched my jaw. "Well then, are you also aware that there would be extremely gross and disgusting reptiles and worms and all kinds of disturbing creatures underground?"

"I am, indeed. But are you aware of the fact that you now control the earth?"

I frowned at that. "What's that got to do with anything?

Willow gave an irritated sigh. "You are impossibly dense."

"Hey!"

"Shut up, and just do as I say. You're wasting too much time."

I glared at him for a few seconds, before speaking through gritted teeth.
"Fine. But if I get bit by a venomous snake or something, I'm blaming that on you."

Willow didn't reply, instead drifted to the ground below, levitating a few inches above as he looked up at me expectantly.

With a deep breath, I concentrated on a part of the earth a little away from me, willing it to cave in.

A moment passed but nothing happened.

"Why isn't it working?" I mumbled, scrunching my forehead.

"You're hesitant. You need to be sure, or the earth won't listen to your commands."

I pulled my lip between my teeth, nodding slowly. Deciding to trust Willow on this, I inhaled again before I closed my eyes.

'Open.'

At once, I heard the sound of grumbling and felt the vibration under my feet. I opened my eyes to see the wide asymmetrical gap in front of me.

I let out a tiny grin, looking at Willow.

He nodded, almost approvingly. "Now jump in and keep focusing your power to part ways in front of you."

I complied after the briefest moments of contemplation. Praying, there won't be any animals, I gingerly stepped in, before doing what Willow had asked.
I raised my hands to concentrate and immediately the mass of stone and soil parted, spreading wide and narrow, leaving a clear path ahead, big enough to accommodate two people easily.

Willow appeared in front of me, illuminating the dark tunnel I had created.
"Good. Now close that opening." He flicked his head toward the chasm we had come through.

"But-"

"It would be very suspicious if someone happened to stumble upon it. We must cover our tracks."

Reluctantly, I gave a short nod before creating a boulder that covered up the hole, immediately plunging us in the darkness. The only light was provided by Willow's glowing form, and hesitantly I followed him as he floated ahead, the tunnel closing up behind us and widening in front.

We walked in utter silence for the first few minutes, me jumping at every little noise as I tentatively moved forward. But I soon realized that the underground tunnel I had created was absolutely clean of nasty animals.