Tiny Warrior

"Stay back."

The order had me looking at the man beside me in confusion. "What?"

"You said you didn't know how to fight."
Before I could protest, he cut in.
"I want you to stay back while I hold them off, so you can use your abilities to help without getting in the way."

I rolled my eyes, but nodded anyway. He had a point.
"Aye aye, Captain!" I threw him a clumsy salute which he rudely ignored, charging ahead with his shield high.

For a while, I just watched as he effortlessly knocked the aliens down, his impossible strength making me part my mouth and raise my eyebrows, impressed.
I then got to work, controlling the earth and bending it to my will.
Vines captured their hands, rendering them defenseless and drop their gadgets. I quickly picked up one of the many Chitauri weapons littering the ground before aiming at the endlessly incoming forces and firing.

It took me a few tries to get used to it at first, having been constantly thrown off balance by its force.
After which, I discovered that I had to plant my feet firmly and soon I found out, with utmost pleasure, that I had a surprisingly good aim.

"Ugh how many of them are there?" I groaned exasperatedly as I shot at the creatures, missing a few times when they dodged.

"Natasha has gone to try and shut the portal down, and hopefully she will. Which means we have to keep fighting till then." The Captain's voice was strained as he fought off a trio at once.

I turned my staff towards him and the surrounding aliens, before aiming at the one directly behind him.

"Duck!" I yelled, hoping he would listen as I fired straight at his head.

Thankfully, he dropped low in the nick of time and the beam met the face of the enemy, throwing him back.

The Captain wasted no time in quickly defeating the two left, before he turned to me, panting.
"I thought you'd never done this before?"

A smirk quirked my lips and I raised one shoulder. "Eh, I got the hang of it."

He never got to respond as in that moment, an alien barged into his side coming out of nowhere. He hit the ground, battling with the weapon that was shoved into his face.

Immediately, I raised the weapon but couldn't get a clear shot, since they were moving around so much. I might have good aim but not enough that I could confidently say I wouldn't pulverize the Captain as well.

Right, then. Time to be reckless again.

I waved the staff above me to gain the Chitauri's attention. "Hey you, freak of nature!"

Almost immediately, the alien whirled around facing me and with a quick movement, it was off the Captain. Behind it, I could see him rolling side ways, trying to regain his bearings.

Before either of us could move, however, the alien began heading straight for me, and I froze on the spot.

Oh dear, I didn't think this through.

The alien pounced and I stood paralyzed, eyes widened behind my mask and watching in slow motion as it hovered above me for a second, shadow falling across my face before he was shot away by a golden beam.

I turned my terrified eyes on Tony, standing a few feet away with one fist outstretched before him. He fired his repulsors at the rest of the Chitauri, the Captain joining him in the fight and I took the moment to compose myself.

When I was ready, I narrowed my eyes in determination, blasting my weapon at any alien who dared to come close. As I moved, I found myself back to back with Tony.