My Spirit Guide Is A Lawyer

WARNING : Unedited and um... a bit of blood? 

.

.

.

"Let the battle of blades begin!"

No sooner had those words left Sereia's lips did he strike.
It was a movement so quick, I never saw it coming, and soon I was left clutching my left arm in pain. A streak of red stained my clothing and I bit my lip in a whimper.

Zharis stepped back into a relaxed position, a self-satisfied smirk resting on his face. 

"That was only a taste of what I can do." He said smugly. "Give up now before its too late."

With a wince, I let go of my arm, glaring up at him resolutely. I was not quitting. Not when I'd already started.

"Why don't you go put on a shirt?"

"Why?" He chuckled. "Does it bother you?" 

I rolled my eyes. "You wish. It's the decent thing to do."

"I think I am fine." 

He charged forward again but before I even had the chance to swing my sword, another gash opened on my shoulder.

"Shit." I swore, grabbing the cut area.

It wasn't deep. And I knew he was being meticulous, playful. I had no doubt that if he was serious, the wounds would not only be more deeper and painful, I'd already be immobilized.

"Still not giving up?" 

I blinked furiously, holding the sword upright. "No, thanks."

Zharis smirked and after another series of swift and precise movements, I was bleeding from three more places.

Bloody hell!

"Last chance to give up, princess." He sing-songed, dragging the tip of the sword on the floor.

I huffed, ignoring the burning sensations all over my skin, specifically on my cheek, and met his eyes with determination.

"I am a woman who menstruates. This is nothing I can't handle."
On a whim, I decided to strike, stepping forward widely and swinging the sword in a vicious arc. "And don't call me princess!"

His sword met mine with a fierce clang, and the vibrations from the blades seemed to shake me to the core. 

His eyes narrowed, setting into a deadly glare on a stoic face before he pushed with his sword, sending me flying back. I hit the ground with a painful grunt, the weapon leaving my hands and clattering away. 

My eyes widened as Zharis brought his sword down brutally, and at the last possible second, I rolled to the side. When he thrust again, I grabbed my fallen blade, raising it just in time to meet his in a flurry of sparks.

I gritted my teeth with the effort of holding his blade in place. It was impossibly exerting, especially when he began pressing down harder, and my knees buckled.
Knowing that I was only going to be trapped if he succeeded in pinning me down, I jerked back, letting his sword plunge into the floor. I took that moment, as he got up, to move back a safe distance away from him.

The siren leered. "You are not as pitiful as I thought." 

"Thanks." I panted.

"But the fun is over now." 

"What?" I exclaimed. "That was fun? Ser- Argh!"

He slashed on my collarbone just above the metal armour and I hissed, pulling away.