Not A Vampire

"My throat is clogged
And my nose is blocked
My head really hurts
Think it's bout' to burst
I feel awfully terrible
Bein' sick is effin' horrible." I sang, terribly off tune, the song I'd made up a few days ago.

It had been a little over a week since I had made an utter and complete laughing stock of myself. And as luck would have it, I'd fallen sick which meant that I had successfully managed to avoid a certain couple of people.

"Arghh..." I groaned, turning over with a low moan. "I don't feel so good, Mommy."

Mom didn't look up from her magazine as she spoke. "Maybe stop lying around and get some fresh air." 

"But I'm sickkk!" I drawled.

"You got better about 2 days ago. Get your butt out of here already."

"But... I might not survive!"

"It's only a matter of time before someone drags you kicking and screaming."

"But you'll defend me right?"

She scoffed. "Do you want them to faint seeing a ghost?"

Ghost...

A light bulb went off in my head and I got up enthusiastically.
"I've got the greatest idea!"

"Oh boy." She muttered but I ignored it.

"What if you, like, do freaky stuff like move things around, make it look like a haunting... And I'll act like I'm possessed or something and be all creepy?"

I clapped my hands in delight. "Then they'll definitely leave me alone."

"Or... they'll perform an exorcism." She shrugged. "And technically, you can do that on your own."

"Oh right..."

Keep forgetting that I have powers.

"Either way, you won't be able to avoid them for long."
She threw a damper on my mood and I slumped.

In my frowning state, I didn't acknowledge Willow's glowing form as he drifted over.

"Aylin." He looked annoyed.

I glanced at him questioningly.

"When are you going to practice?"

Scoffing, I wagged a disapproving finger at him. "That's all you ever ask me."

"That's all I care about." He retorted.

"One day, Willow." I began with a scowl. "One day, you won't have a snarky comeback anymore and I'll rejoice and revel in your defeat."

"I am sure it will be a pleasant dream for you."

Bitch-

I clenched my jaw. "Don't you have something to do? Like figuring out the location of the last Spirits."

Willow looked uncharacteristically uncomfortable.

"The sooner this stone is stable, the sooner I can rest in peace." I told him.

"You need to master the Water element first."

"Why?" I questioned with a frown. "Will that effect the balance or something?"

"Possibly."

I rolled my eyes. "You'll never change, will you?"

"The one who needs to change is you." He spoke, narrowing his eyes at me pointedly.

"Me?" I gaped. "Ho-"

"QUIET!" The loud command shut me up in an instant.

Mom's eyebrows twitched with irritation as she looked between the two of us and unwittingly, I backed away.