Travelling In Style

"Romania?" My jaw dropped in shock. "That's like, almost 3 to 4 hours away, and that is, if I take a flight!"

"So what?"

"So what?" I gaped at him. "Willow, I can't just go to a random forest in a random country that is 4 hours away!

"Why not?" He asked, seemingly unconcerned.

If looks could kill he'd be dead within seconds.
"I just can't, okay! Besides, I don't even own a car and barely manage my expenses. I don't have that much money to go around visiting countries in flights. I'm not rich. I work at a bar for God sake!"

"Don't you have savings?"

"Of course I do! But they're for something else, like in case of emergencies. Not for when a mythical creature wants you to take a flight to the other side of the continent." I scoffed.

"I'd say this is perfectly a case of emergency, seeing as you might, most certainly, die if you don't come with me." He said nonchalantly, making me clench my fists in order to restrain myself from throttling him.

"I'm not coming with you." I said simply, glaring icy daggers at the being.

"You'll die." He said simply.

"Whatever."

"The stone will tear your body apart."
I bit my lip, trying not to show any sign of hesitancy, but said nothing.
"It will consume you from the inside out." He continued.

My gaze hardened as I plastered a scowl on my expression

"I don't care. I'm not using my hard-earned money to go to a mystical forest."

"If that's what you want then, alright. I'll just tell the earth spirits that the host was suicidal."

The scowl deepened, and I turned my head to the side away from him.
"I'm still not coming. You can't convince me, no matter what."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"I can't believe I let you convince me to do this."

Here I was, walking through the aisle of a flight, mere hours later, as I plopped down heavily in my seat.
It hadn't taken more than a few minutes for me to give in to Willow's conniving manipulations and book a ticket for the earliest flight to Romania. At the end, it had been curiosity, not fear, that overtook me and forced my decision.

A long suffering sigh escaped my lips.

If you aren't careful, this very curiosity might, one day, be the death of you.

"Be quiet, girl. We can't converse so openly amidst humans. The spirits will not be pleased if the secrets of our world are revealed." Willow's harsh whisper from inside my coat pocket made me purse my lips and roll my eyes.

After I had left the bar, successfully avoiding both Renee and my boss, I had caught a cab home. In the midst of all that, I had asked him if anybody would be able to see him, but he had told me that, while humans could not see the other spirits until they allowed them to, the Will-o'-wisps had no such abilities, making them perceptible to the naked eye.
His answer, however, only left me with more questions, ones I had promptly asked while packing for the unplanned trip, to which he annoyingly, but not surprisingly, gave very short and cryptic replies that made no sense to me. And so like the mature person I was, I had stomped and huffed before resorting to silent treatment.
Until now, that is.

"My name is Aylin, not 'girl'."

"Shut up."

I resisted the compulsion to smother him in my pocket. Instead, deciding that since I couldn't get answers from him, then I should turn to the most reliable form of information on the planet.
Grandly referred to as Google.