Shopping With The Ladies

I had had more awkward encounters in the few days I'd been in this tower than I had in my entire life.

That was the only thought that kept running through my mind as I stared down at my plate, slowly chewing the delicious pancakes I'd been offered by Bruce.

"Did you sleep well, Aylin?" Pepper's gentle voice knocked me out of the daze I had lost myself in.

"What? Oh, uhm, yeah. I did. Thank you." I half smiled at her, before lowering my eyes again.

There was an uncomfortable stretch of silence that prevailed for another few minutes until it was broken by none other than Rhodey.

"Stop it, you two!"

I snapped my head up to see him glaring at Tony and Pepper who were both returning the gesture avidly.

"Ugh, fine!" He groaned before he suddenly caught my gaze.

I gulped, trying to look away, but found myself unable to.

"Aylin, I, uh..." He cleared his throat. "I'm sorry for the way I acted yesterday. For being so prying and nosy and, for the lack of a better word, a complete dick."

Pepper gasped but he didn't pay attention to her, looking at me in all seriousness as he continued.

"I will not try to justify my behaviour, it was out of line. But I am willing to guarantee that it certainly won't happen again."

I stared at him, dumbfounded.

What just happened?

"I...you didn't- I don't....." I shut my eyes with a sigh, recollecting my thoughts.
"Thank you for apologising, that is kind of you."

Knowing it wasn't enough, I took a deep breath before continuing.
"That being said, I understand your concerns about me being here, but rest assured that I'm not any kind of undercover spy or agent from any kind of secret organization. And I definitely have no ill or malicious intentions towards anyone in this tower."

After I finished my formal, mini speech, he offered me a nod of agreement which I happily returned and then we were all back on track again.

Approximately an hour later with breakfast done and cleaned up, Pepper came to find me on the couch in the living room where I was sat beside Natasha as we silently watched the TV.

A random channel played a random show that neither of us bothered changing even though I had the feeling that we were both disinterested.

"Natasha, Aylin." The ginger haired woman greeted with a smile.

"Hey Pepper." I smiled back.

"I was going to head out for shopping and I was wondering if you'd like to join?

Shopping? Ew no!

"Yeah sure." Natasha nodded "It'll be nice doing something normal for a change."

Pepper nodded before looking at me. "How about you, Aylin?"

"Uh I..." I trailed off.

Now how do I tell this wonderful woman that I absolutely despised shopping and would much rather clean the whole place twice than having to walk around and choose between articles of clothing that were either not my type or entirely out of my budget?

"Aylin?"

I shook myself out of my trance, seeing both ladies staring at me for my answer that I still hadn't decided.

I don't wanna go.

She gave me a place to stay.

It's just a request, not really necessary for you to accept.