Suspicious

"Are you sure that's what you're supposed to do?"

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up."

"You look constipated." Came another comment.

"Shut up."

"I really don't think that's how you do it."

I huffed but stayed silent, focusing on the screen in front of me as I tried to imitate the girl.

"Maybe you shoul-"

"For God sakes Willow, I told you to shut u- AAH!" I cut off with a yelp, losing my balance and hitting the tiles.

"Ow..." I rubbed my butt, wincing in pain.

"I told you." Willow spoke smugly.

I pinned him with a glare cold enough to freeze hell.
Before I could offer a snarky response, however, he disappeared.

Rolling my eyes again, I began to stand up when Natasha entered the room.
She looked at me, gaze momentarily flitting behind me to where my phone was still playing the tutorial and back again.

"What are you doing here? This is the training room."

"I, uh, nothing much. Just hanging around." I said, quickly grabbing my phone and ignoring the voice coming through as I tried to close it.

The stupid device chose that moment to become unresponsive, and I was left vigourously tapping on the video, all the while smiling awkwardly at the woman.

Natasha glanced at the screen again, before raising her eyebrows at me. "You're trying to do ballet."

"I, uh, no, I mean yeah." I stumbled over my words before recollecting my thoughts.

"Well," I sighed, "keyword there is trying. I have little to no idea what to do and turns out, youtube isn't very helpful."

Natasha's face was blank as she nodded. "And you're trying to avoid Tony."

My smile dropped, but I forced it back on.

"What? No, not at all. Where did you get that idea?"

She smirked. "You skipped lunch and haven't come down since the fire ordeal in the lab."

"That's completely unrelated." I was unyielding.

"You're afraid that he's mad at you." She continued, ignoring my defense. "But you have nothing to worry about."

I don't?

"Tony destroys his lab every other week with his crazy experiments."

He does?

Of course, I didn't voice my inner thoughts.

"That really doesn't matter to me." I chuckled, determined to carry on with the facade. "I was just attempting to learn a new dance form, albeit horribly, but, I needed to do something."

Again, Natasha's face became carefully void of emotion.
"Why ballet?" She questioned.

I frowned, not really having an answer to that.

"I, uh, I don't know. I just think that it's cool." I shrugged. "But it's really difficult. The footwork is ridiculously painful."

I stretched my arms up to the ceiling, trying to balance on my tip toes for a short moment, before giving up.
"I have no idea how ballerinas do this. But, they have my undying respect for accomplishing it."

I laughed, but she remained serious and my giggles faded away into the silence.

"Uh, are you okay?"