Knock Knock

Beep beep beep.

I looked up from the book I'd been reading and turned off the alarm before standing up with an over enthusiastic clap and grin.

"Alright guys. It's break time!"

A series of collective groans echoed through the air for a moment as they sat back and stretched, looking very much relieved to finally stop working. Everyone except Steve.

It had been a few weeks since they began the job to infiltrate and take down HYDRA and during that time, I did my best to entertain and serve the four constantly and diligently hustling people in the Tower.
I'd bring them snacks and beverages regularly, organised the chaotic work space of the common room they'd claimed as their own, and basically made sure they were comfortable.

They worked hard, too hard infact, so I managed to draw up a schedule for them which included regular breaks in between, along with a relaxation session where I entertained them with songs.

Tony was the hardest to control. He was spontaneous, and always sought ways to break the schedule. Though, I quickly solved the problem with a little help from Pepper. It was scary how much authority she had over him... but kinda cute too.
He willingly let himself be bossed around by her and Pepper took full advantage of that, giving me the leash.

Natasha was surprisingly the easiest to manage. She took one look at the time table and said yes. And reluctantly, Bruce and Steve agreed as well.

Though, I could see Steve practically itching to begin working again whenever we had to take a break.

Even now, he sat shifting constantly in his seat, while the others joked amongst themselves.

He caught my eye and half smiled. "I'll be right back."

I shrugged, and he quickly left the room.

I checked my phone. There were still fifteen minutes left for the break to be over.

A brief minute of internal battle later, I stood up to follow him. If he was having issues with anything, I wanted to know if I could help.

I finally found him standing near the window, peering out over the landscape, his blue eyes sad and distant.

"Captain?"

At my voice, he blinked out of his daze before turning to look at me.

"Aylin." He fiddled with something in his hand. "What's up? Did you find anything?"

I shook my head and his hopeful look melted away, making me immediately feel guilty.

"I'm sorry."

He let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head. "No, what are you sorry for?"

I tilted my head, a thoughtful frown etching onto my face as I stared at him.

"You're restless, Captain." I drawled. "Why?"

"The sooner we find the scepter and the remaining of HYDRA, the better."

"Yeah, but that's not all, is it?"

Fingers crossed.

"What do you mean?"

I hesitated, carefully picking my words.

"I mean... considering that it's a large organization, it's no new knowledge that it'd be difficult to locate. The scepter will probably be under mounds of encrypted data."

"But," I knit my brows, "I assume you must've already known this. And seeing that you have a duo of geniuses and a trained agent working with you, I'd hardly say you'd be worried about that."