Uncertified Therapist

"Okay, Aylin. Calm down." I told myself, taking deep breaths. "You've got this."

There I was, stood infront of the Stark Tower, the morning rush on the roads ringing in my ears.

After I had connected the message to none other than Tony, I took the liberty to search the place on Google. And imagine my utmost shock when I discovered that he was not only the owner of the enterprise, but also a billionaire.

Not even a millionaire, but a damn billionaire.

Suffice to say, I quickly decided that I would definitely go and check the job out, even though I had no idea what I had supposedly applied for.

Craning my neck up again, I gulped at the imposing structure looming above me and I pulled on the sleeve at my wrist. I was dressed in the most formal attire I owned, which was basically just a beige blouse tucked into loose black pants. And I hoped it would be enough for a passable first impression.

Shaking off my nerves, I approached the glass doors marking the entrance and pushed it open, my heeled shoes clacking noisily on the tiled floor.

"Who are you?"

The sudden voice had me jumping, a short shriek escaping my lips as I whirled to the right.

Warm brown eyes framed with glasses greeted me.
It was a man, brunet, with strands of grey hair mixing in with the brown and dressed plainly like he didn't want to be noticed. It was either that, or he just didn't have a great fashion sense.

I squinted, trying to pinpoint the familiarity of the middle aged male before me, while he stared back in confusion. When I still couldn't figure out who he was, I gave up. That's when I realized he had asked me a question.

"I'm here for a job?" I said nervously.

At his unconvinced look, I quickly unlocked my phone and held it out, screen displaying the message I had received a week ago.

He gingerly took the device, scanning the words over before he handed it back with a nod.

"I, um, need to see Tony Stark. Do you know where he is?"

He nodded again.
"Come with me, I'll take you to him."

He didn't wait for a response, instead starting to walk away. I frowned but hurried to follow him.

It felt like he didn't want to be around me longer than it was needed. And to be quite honest, I understood it perfectly well, being a socially awkward person myself.

"I'm Dr. Bruce Banner, by the way." He introduced himself, leading me into a large elevator that I had somehow missed.

"Aylin Salvatore." I said once the doors closed and I stood in a corner, leaning sideways against the wall.

The Doctor gave a polite nod before speaking.
"JARVIS, take us to Tony please."

Wait, JARVIS?

"Right away, Dr. Banner."

I jumped again, hand flying to my chest at the voice that echoed in the small space.

Unfortunately, Dr. Banner took notice of my state and offered a small apologetic smile.

"That's Tony's A.I."

Oh...that JARVIS.

My startled gaze melted into understanding as I recalled the night in Harley's house when the metal suit had started speaking in the same British accent.