Feeling It

"Aylin, please."

"Natasha, no."

"You said 'anytime'!"

"That was for you!"

"This is for me."

It had been another few weeks after I was made aware of the red-head's past. And we had only grown closer since.

Though, I stayed in my room most of the days- spending time with my mom and sometimes Willow who seemed extremely weird for some reason- I increased my outings with Natasha both on her and mom's constant insistence.

Funnily enough, we always seemed to circle back to karaoke bars, where I'd found out she was surprisingly good at singing. And I instantly regretted my spiteful question about how many hidden talents she had, when she procured a mental list of her multifaceted skills on things that were incredibly fascinating, incredibly weird or downright frightening.

"Aylin, come on." She broke into my reminiscing. "It won't be hard for you."

I narrowed my eyes.
"That's something I'll decide! And I've decided that it will indeed be hard. I can't do it."

"If I thought you couldn't do it, I wouldn't have asked you to."

I sighed heavily, rubbing my head.

"Tash... I-"

"I will buy you the entire hardcover set of that Red Queen series that's in your buy list." She bargained and I looked at her in shock.

"How the hell do you know about that?"

"I saw it in your phone."

"My phon-" I gasped. "Did you hack into it?!"

"No, I just used your fingerprint when you were sleeping."

"You-" I face-palmed.

Of course... I'm so dumb.

Wait... did she just say...?

My eyes widened.

Oh no no no, conceal, don't feel! Don't let her know!

"You can't bribe me!" I screeched. "That's inhuman! I won't let you!"

Natasha smirked, and I was positive I saw the devil in her soul for a fleeting moment. 

"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow sardonically. "But what about this then?"

Out of nowhere, she brandished a bag, showing me the contents and I felt my soul leave my body.

Oh no... she didn't-.

"You see... I know you don't like being in debt."

Shit...

Her eyes twinkled. "So... what are you going to do now?"

"You- you... MEANIE!" I cried, clutching my hair in frustration.
"This is not fair! I can't do it!"

"Fine then," she shrugged, "I guess, I'll just have to burn these brand new hardcover books."

I gasped again. "What?"

Natasha nodded, an unconcerned look on her face.
"I have no use for them."

My eye twitched but I held myself in check.

Don't give in. Don't give in. Do not giv-

"What a waste..." She exhaled loudly, making way to leave.

"Stop right there." The command left me without my permission and I cursed myself internally.