Sister Or Aunt?

I love sleep.

I love sleep more than anything else in the world. Infact, sleep was one of the things in my list of 'love more than anything else in the world', which now that I say it, sounds pretty contradictory.

Anyway, I was sleeping.
Snug and nice, under the warmth of my comforter and having pleasant dreams for a change, when my foot was yanked off of the bed, and I hit the cold tiles in a semi-conscious state.

"Wha twa ell?" I garbled nonsensically as my sleep addled brain reacted to the situation.

"Mom?"

I rubbed my eyes, seeing her standing above me with an unimpressed scowl on her face.

"Have you seen what time it is?"

Blinking blearily, I looked at the clock.

"It's only 10." I observed before pushing myself up and waddling back into the bed again. "Good night, mommy."

I had barely closed my eyes when another shove had me falling off the side.

"Let me sleep!" I cried out, the blanket falling over my head as I shut my eyes.

"Aww how cute..." She cooed lightly. "But no."

Then with a dramatic pause, she announced.
"We're going swimming!"

"Hmm..."

"I'm going to teach you how to swim."

"Hmm..."

"You told me you didn't know how and so I thought- are you even listening?"

"Hmm..."

"Aylin?"

"Hmm..."

The water that slapped my face was harsh and cold, jerking me into awareness and I gasped, eyes tearing open instantly.

"Mom!"

She crossed her arms, not an ounce of guilt in her face as she raised an unbothered eyebrow.

"What?"

"Um nothing, mom." I chirped, doing a 180. "I'll get ready in a minute!"

Too damn early to face her wrath.

Ten minutes later, I found myself in the tower's swimming pool.

Rich people...

"Ah! This is relaxing..." I smiled drowsily, closing my eyes in peace.

"You're literally just standing in one place." Mom pointed out with a sigh, rubbing the bridge of her nose. "I told you to try and swim."

I pouted. "But I'll drown!"

"Don't be such a baby. The water's not even upto your shoulders."

"Easy for you to say." I whispered under my breath.

"Come on, try to lay flat."

I lifted one leg slowly, but bringing the other one up was scary and, as it turned out, not very easy.
And after about a dozen more failed attempts at trying to lay flat, I gave up.

My mom looked up from the chair she'd been lounging on while reading a magazine. Where she had got it from, I had no idea.

"I can't do this." I huffed, folding my arms. "Why do we have to do this anyway?"

"It's so that you and I can bond more."  She stated matter-of-factly, as if I was a fool for asking.

I glared at her. "Seriously? And could we not do that over something simpler, like watching movies?"