Unexpected Guest

A.N: So apparently, I'm an idiot. I accidentally published an incomplete chapter and in my haste to get it off, I unpublished the entire book... hehe
(-stabs myself in the heart with a smile-)

So yeah, I'm extremely sorry for that. I did fix it but I don't know if, and how, it might have caused any of you problems.
Thank you for reading and I apologize once again for any inconvenience.

.

.

.

"Holy shit! Tony! What the hell did you do?!"

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!"

"Then why, in the name of all that's holy, IS THE PLACE ON FIRE?!"

Let's go back in time a little.

I had trudged into the kitchen that morning, rubbing my eyes with a yawn.

"Good Morning, sleepyhead."

"Whatever, Tinny."

Ignoring Tony as he gasped in mock hurt, I made myself a cup of coffee, taking a seat at the table.

"Good Morning, Aylin."

I straightened at the voice, looking back at a grinning Pepper and instantly smiled back.

"Mornin'." I greeted.

When I turned, Tony was staring at me with an astounded expression.

I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly. "What?"

"What did I do to get such a cold reception?" He asked.

"You're a man." Was all I had said, before turning back to Pepper, who seemed like she was trying not to laugh. "What will I be doing today?"

"Actually, I have a meeting to attend so you'll be with Tony for most of the day."

I nodded, glancing up at the man in question who was already walking out, noticing that neither of us were paying attention to him.

"Thank you."

Focusing back on Pepper, I frowned in confusion. "Sorry, what?"

The hell did I do?

With a short exhale, she explained. "Yesterday night was probably the first time, I actually saw Tony sleeping rather than working in his lab all morning. And it wasn't that he dozed off like he usually does, since he was properly lying down with a blanket. So when I asked JARVIS, he informed me of the little interaction you had."

She looked at me knowingly, but it only increased my confusion.

"The only thing I did was correct his posture and put a cover on him. Tony fell asleep on his own, I didn't do anything there." I told her.

Pepper shook her head softly, as if she knew something I didn't before standing up to her full height.

"Well, help yourself to anything you'd like. I'm going to head out now. I'll see you later."

Nodding again, I watched as she disappeared through the doorway, before I quickly jumped to my feet.

Food. Now.

Rummaging through the entire kitchen, I pulled out the bread and Nutella, making a couple sandwiches for myself.

Plate in hand, I had decided to explore the place, happily chewing on the chocolatey goodness, when I found Tony in the lab where I had walked in on his and Bruce's therapeutic session a few weeks ago.