One Last Time

"Can you... please... slow... down?"

Bucky spared me no more than a glance, while I panted, exerting every bit of muscle power I had to increase my speed to match his.

Damn he's fast!

"Why are you following me?" He spoke, his tone steady like he hadn't been running at all.

"You... my guitar... broke... it." I got out between gasps.

My lungs will collapse if I don't stop soon. 

He frowned. "They're after me, not you."

"Too... late!"

Bucky slowed down, a sigh of exasperation slipping past his lips as if he'd been burdened with the weight of the world. Before I could ask what he was doing, he roughly grabbed the back of my bag and pulled me into an alley.

"Hey!" I stumbled like a drunken fool as I tried to regain my balance. 

"Are you trying to get killed?" He questioned harshly. "Stop following me."

Huffing and puffing, I did my best to glare at him. 

"I'm not following you, I'm chasing you." I crossed my arms indignantly. "You owe me."

"I don't-"

"DUCK!" I yelled wide-eyed, all but shoving him to the ground as the bullet flew overhead, missing us by a hair's breadth.

Two men stood in the path, guns held up as they approached. We whirled around, dashing to the other end, but another duo appeared and we were cornered.

I shut my eyes with a low sigh. "Man, now I regret ever wishing that life was like a movie." 

Bucky turned stiffly, and we were now standing back-to-back, heart pounding as they moved dauntingly closer. And I couldn't help myself.

"THAT'S IT!" I threw my hands up in frustration.

They stopped, looking at me weirdly while I glared at the sky above. "I'm cancelling my subscription. This is too much."

"If you get out of this alive," Willow's voice in my ear caused me to jump, "go get checked in at a mental hospital." 

My eyebrows furrowed in irritation but I kept silent, watching in fright as the men neared. 

"Hey Frosty." I whispered. "What now? Got any plans?"

"I'll take these two, you handle those on your side." 

"What?!" I shrieked, eyes widening at the sheer absurdity of the statement.

"But I don't know how to fight!"

Bucky's fists clenched. "Should've thought that before you decided to follow me." 

"Chase."

"Shut up."

I frowned. "Rude."

He did not say anything to that, charging forward and meeting the assailants in a flurry of fists and blows, the sounds of pained grunts and cries echoing soon afterward.

Facing my side of enemies again, I smiled nervously. "Is there a chance for us to talk this out without violence?"

"I don't think so, darlin'."

I turned to the one who spoke, raising an eyebrow. "You're English."

He lifted his gun in response and I hummed in amusement. 

"What a shame."

The next second, he was eating dirt, weapon flying away to a far corner and safely out of reach. I hid my smirk as his partner looked down at him in a mix of bewilderment and shock.