A Hug From A God

Before I could think about what I was doing, I had pounced on the blondie with an outraged war cry.

All I saw was the image of my donuts scattered across the concrete.

I barely managed to touch the air about an inch away from him before I was tackled to the floor, the jarring effectively knocking my senses back in place and I stiffened.

Was I just about to commit homicide over a couple of sugary treats?

"Aylin? Wha-"

"I know, I know." I cut Happy off. "I'm sorry, I just got too... emotional. I guess."

"Emotional? What do you- oh."

He chuckled at my sour expression before helping me up.

"Don't worry about it. I'll get you more."

"Still doesn't excuse the murder of those poor little ones." I mumbled, harshly looking up at the culprit.

I froze, eyes meeting familiar blue ones that were narrowed in a mix of suspicion and confusion.

Closing my eyes, I drew in a sharp breath, cursing my existence that had led to this point of embarrassment and stupidity. When I reopened them, they widened at the sight of him approaching me.

"A criminal must not be held so loosely." He stated, marching nearer as I moved back.

"Woah there buddy." Clint jumped to my rescue, holding a restraining arm out to stop him. "What are you trying to do?"

Thor looked at him, confused. "I'll subdue her with a light voltage enough to make her unconscious."

"Excuse me, what?"

Quickly, I scrambled away to create more distance between me and the giant who wanted to kill me by electrocution.

That's not what he said at all, you dramatic bitch.

"Hold on, hold on." Clint raised a questioning eyebrow. "She's not a criminal, Thor."

"But..." His frowning eyes dropped to my hands.

Following his line of sight, I almost face-palmed, noticing the handcuffs still on me. Somehow, I'd completely forgotten their presence.

The archer's laughter broke through the silence while I inched back to hide behind Happy, flustered beyond belief.

What the hell is happening with me today?

"Gotta get those off of you." The bodyguard muttered as the two were talking, mostly Clint explaining him about everything.

"No shit."

With the God distracted, I allowed myself to relax.

"I'll just sneak into the lab." I sighed. "There might be something in there that could cut through."

"Or you could just ask Natasha for the key. Knowing you, you'd probably just injure yourself."

I shook my head. "No, I don't wanna bother her."

He gave me a knowing look. "You'll have to face them sooner or later."

"Uh yeah, later sounds better."

Knowing he would try to talk me out of my stubbornness, I smiled deviously.

"Oh look!" I pointed behind him. "A hot girl!"

As soon as he whipped his head around, I spun on my heel and sprinted into the elevators. I caught his flushed expression as he turned, realizing what I'd said and I winked slyly just before the doors shut.