Trust In Me

"Oh my God! I'm extremely sorry." I gushed as the woman straightened from almost being knocked over. 

She was quite pretty with shoulder length red hair, glaring at me as I cringed in guilt and embarrassment.

Squeaking another apology, I whirled around, practically sprinting into the bar that we had reached without me noticing. It took me half a minute to realize that I had left Tony out to deal with the woman, but before I could go back out he stepped in, eyes immediately landing on me.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out. "I swear I didn't mean to leave you alone to handle an angry lady, especially since it was my fault. But I wasn't really thinking." I told him sincerely, a worried frown etched onto my face.

To my surprise, Tony looked at me with barely concealed amusement. "You don't need to worry about it, kid. She wasn't mad at all."

My frown melted into an expression of shock. "She wasn't?"

"Well maybe she was... at you, but I calmed her with my charming self." He smirked.

At the cocky comment, I couldn't resist letting out a disbelieving scoff as I rolled my eyes, deciding not to grace him with a response. 

Instead, I pushed past him, making my way to the counter in order to talk to the owner. Settling on a bar stool, I waited until a young man came over to me.

"What can I get you?" He asked, smirking in a way that made me uncomfortable. 

"Uhm...actually I wanted to talk to the owner of this place." I replied politely.

"What for?" He raised an eyebrow. 

"Uh, I was hoping for a job in here. I just wanted to know if they're willing to hire."

He suddenly grinned. "Of course! Its very rare that someone comes in looking for a job. Especially a girl as gorgeous as you are."

I fidgeted in my seat, offering a tiny, awkward smile at the compliment.

"Just wait right here. I'll go and get the boss."

Nodding, I watched as he disappeared from sight before turning around in my seat, using that moment to take in my surroundings.
The place was crowded, people bustling all over with drinks as they talked boisterously among themselves and I inwardly grimaced.

Maybe this wasn't the right place for me.

My eyes then landed on Tony, sitting at a table with a blonde woman a few feet away and I frowned in puzzlement. 

What business could an apparent superhero have with a frail looking, possibly alcoholic, lady?

Before I could ponder any further, however, a voice drew my attention. "Hey, she said she'll be here soon."

I swiveled back in my seat, facing the bartender who was now eyeing me up and down.

I crossed my arms defensively. "What?"

He chuckled. "Oh no, nothing. Just never thought I'd have such a hot coworker."

I looked at him weirdly, trying to stop myself from pouncing on him and tearing his hair out.

"Thanks... I guess." I said instead.

"So what's your name, babe?"

Okay, detected and classified as a creep.

I glared at him, the term not likable to me in the least as I gritted my teeth, fists clenched in my lap while I contemplated if I should even respond to the guy or straight up ignore him.