Pepper Spray

"Keep your mind steady." Willow instructed as I struggled to shape a ball of water in my hands.

"Yeah, I'm trying, you know?" My voice sounded strained and I resisted the urge to wipe the sweat from leaking into my eyes.

A moment later, the blob quivered and dissolved, leaking out through the sides of my palms.

I groaned for what felt like the millionth time that day.

"Why is this so hard!"

Willow regarded me lazily. "It's your own fault."

"My fault?" I repeated, dumbfounded. "How the hell is it my fault if the shitty water element doesn't wanna cooperate?"

"You aren't trying hard enough."

"Excuse me?"

"You haven't been training ever since Lady Nesryn came back." He stated stoically. "I expected you to have mastered this by now."

I glared at him.

How could anyone be so apathetic?

"Well, excuse me if I wanted spend time with my mom to make up for seven years of my life without her."

Willow rolled his eyes at me. He bloody rolled his eyes.

"It's called time management, muggle-born."

My mouth dropped.

Did he just-

"That's it!"

I huffed, wagging a finger at him resolutely. "You're forbidden to watch any more Harry Potter movies for until a month."

Wow, I felt like a mother grounding her child.

"How dare you!" He gasped out, eyes narrowed in a deadly glare. "You have no right to do that."

"Of course I do!" I crossed my arms. "My room, my laptop, my rules!"

"I cannot believe your insolence!" He cried out, enraged. "Good luck training without me."

"Wha-"

He vanished in an angry burst of light.

What the hell?

"So childish." I rolled my eyes, making my way out of the pool.

It would be best to let him cool down on his own. Infact, I had better things to do than chase and coax him, especially when I had done nothing wrong.

The alarm on my phone rang and I looked down. Immediately, I felt my mood soar into glee and delight.

It's time!

.

I looked nervously at the form of my mother as she lounged lazily in the middle of the terrace.

How do I do this?

"Deep breaths, Aylin." I told myself. "It'll be fine. She will most definitely agree."

You mean probably. Like a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.

"What do you want?"

I winced at the voice, looking at Mom as she peered at me over her sunglasses.

"Uh... I don't- um, well..."

She raised an eyebrow, making me freeze.

"Just spit it out." She demanded, eyes narrowing suspiciously. "What did you do?"