Safe And Sound

"Are you sure she's alright?"

"She's fine."

"Tony... maybe you should've chosen a different movie."

"Pep, she's the one who insisted."

"Aylin, are you okay?"

I swivelled around, and all five of them stiffened.

"Do I look like I'm okay, Bruce?!" I cried out.

"Uhh..." He looked unsure. "I thought you read the book already?"

"I did."

"And you watched the movie as well?"

"Yes."

"Then why the hell are you crying?" Tony asked, disbelief lacing his tone.

"Tony!" Pepper reprimanded. "Be gentle."

"But she already knew what was going to happen!"

I glared at him with watery eyes. "That doesn't make the pain hurt any less, you emotionless vlaka!"

"A what now?"

"Idiot." Natasha supplied. "She called you an idiot."

The sleepover basically consisted of all of us gathering in the tower's theatre room. I never knew it had one. It was spacious and airy, with comfortably plush chairs that had me sinking in with delight.

After much pestering, which was basically only one pleading puppy dog eyed look that somehow always worked on Pepper, she convinced Tony to play The Hunger Games. Which led to an unfortunate series of events, ending with me bawling like a baby.

"Aylin," Steve called slowly, "do you want to take a break?"

I looked at him, sniffling one last time. "No. Why would I do that?"

The poor Captain looked perplexed beyond words, glancing at Natasha helplessly who only shrugged in return.

"Even I don't know what goes on inside her brain."

As the ending came on, I found myself wiping my cheeks continuously while Bruce handed me tissues with a sigh.

The credits rolled and I immediately jumped up, mood completely changing.

"Let's do a horror next!"

"But-"

"Pleaseee." I drawled and Tony agreed with a roll of his eyes.

I whooped, barely catching Steve's whisper.

"Are all teenagers of this time like this?"

"No. She's just a weird kid." Natasha told him with a nonchalant wave of her hand. "Don't worry though, you'll get used to it."

Hearing shuffling behind me, I looked back and saw Pepper standing up.

"I have work tomorrow. So I'll be heading to bed now."

Why does she always have to work so much?

Natasha nodded. "Good night."

"Good night."

"Bye Pepper, sleep well." I waved.

"You two," She said, pointedly glancing at me and Tony. "Don't stay up too late."

We exchanged looks, before chuckling awkwardly.

Like that's ever going to happen.

"Of course, Pep! Don't worry."

She gave us one last unconvinced look before shaking her head and walking out.