Backfire

One and a half hour later, I was back in my witchy ensemble, looking Pepper in the eye with unwavering confidence.

"You remember what you have to do?"

She nodded, holding up the tray determinedly and I grinned.

"Good." I made a show of wiping a tear. "Make me proud, my child."

The woman only chuckled in amusement before she walked into the common room, heading to where Steve and Tony sat working on something, as per usual. Natasha had disappeared into the kitchen, but I was sure she'd show up when I put my plan into motion.

Pepper dropped the tray of oreos onto the table, eliciting a grateful smile from Steve as she sat beside Tony.

She looked at me discreetly and I nodded, causing her to suppress a smile.

"Tony," she started, "why don't you take a break? I brought some cookies. You as well, Steve."

The genius nodded, absent-mindedly grabbing an oreo while Steve thanked her.

I watched with a sinister grin as I watched them bring the dessert to their mouths. Just a few seconds more, and I would see the magic happen in their faces. And no, it wasn't poison, just the classic cream replaced with toothpaste prank that practically everyone knew about.

Yet, I was sure atleast one of these idiots would fall for it.

Jinxed it.

Steve paused suddenly, the oreo half way to his mouth before a frown decorated his features and he brought it to his nose instead and took a sniff. Immediately, his eyes widened and he jerked up, snapping towards Tony.

"Hold on, To-"

Nah, too late.

The oblivious man gobbled the whole cookie in one bite, giving me the utmost pleasure of seeing his face twist from blank tiredness to confusion to shock to disgust and regret all in the span of a second.

"Ack-" He choked, hand on his face before he spit the rest out in the nearby bin.

"What the hell was that?" He asked, face flushed and just the tiniest bit embarrassed.

Pepper was red from trying not to laugh and Steve looked a mix between perplexed and amused.

"What do you mean?" She surprisingly kept in character, faking puzzlement.

"Those were-"

Time for my entry.

"Ah, were the treats not good enough?"

I cut him off as I hobbled in, bent over a walking cane I'd got from Pepper, while I made sure to breathe heavily and keep my voice as unrecognizable as possible while speaking a random accent I copied from TV.

"I must have mixed up the ingredients for the sweets and the potions." I said raspily as I moved towards him. "I do apologize. I should have paid more attention."

"Who are you?" Steve questioned with a frown and Pepper jumped in.

"This is Aylin's grandmother." 

"That's Aylin's grandmother?" Tony looked over my form in disbelief and I had to bite my tongue to keep from giggling.

Pepper nodded towards the two, dramatically lowering her voice but enough for me to hear still.

"Yes, Aylin once mentioned that she's a bit of a fanatic."

"She looks like the leader of a cult." He whisper-yelled and I made a show of scratching my nose to hide my smirk.