37. Right Time, Right Place

Wherever she is I need to find her
Pretty girl running through my mind
Causing me to toss and turn, sweet dreams at night
If I can hold her in my arms everything'll be all right
Been searching for her all my life, that special kind of lady
Got a feeling now, its the right time, right place

Kitty had two weeks to train the new President of KStyle Fashions, Fayme, as she got ready to go on tour with Icee. Fayme fell into the role so naturally, as she was always covering her when she was away anyway. Fayme took off with it like a boss she was, hiring on additional staff to expand on the men's line that she had neglected. With that, Kitty moved her office to the empty eighth floor where she could start focus solely on the mall.

She let Randi decide if he wanted to stay at KStyle Fashions or stay with her. He knew fashion, in and out he said, but wanted to learn how to run a business from her, so he stayed on as her assistant. She would have to hire new staff specifically for the mall, no more using Icee's employees.

Icee spent the time perfecting his show and working out every song, every stage prop, every background singer, and dancer. And he wanted Kitty to be a part of the show. She was going to perform "Err'Thang About Ya" with him. No Ginger, no Tennille, he wanted his wife to be on stage with him.

The tour was not a large scale tour, only twenty cities, but it was his first big tour without the group. Freezy was super swamped working with their new artists, T-Zack was trying to run Da Factory Hitz and stay home more with Michelle and their three kids. TA was in the studio working on a solo album. AKA was in high demand doing collabs, still no interest to do a solo album. Icee wanted his whole squad to shine as much as him, so he pushed them to do other projects outside of music.

They did not have the drive he had.

But long as he ate good, they ate good.

"Babe, you think my fans will like this new choreo I'm trying? I gotta give 'em sumthin, sumthin' different. Can't have my boy Tempo showing me out," Icee said while they were at his rehearsal at Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts. He rented be place for two weeks so his crew had plenty of space to flesh the show out.

"Umm, you're not a dancer Ice. I love you, but nah bruh," she said, sitting in her chair near, watching his rehearsal.

"Aint that a b-"

"I'm being honest!"

"I never said I couldn't dance, a brotha just don't dance. Let me learn this choreography..." Icee started to do the moves and looked like a hot mess. "Fuck, okay wait, I need more practice, but babe, you gotta believe in me."

"Ummm, you gotta know when you win some, and when you lose some. Sit that dancing one out Ice. Just stand on stage, be pretty, and sing. Oh, and take your shirt off, the fans love that."

Icee gave her an evil glare. His own wife doubting his skills. He had two weeks to learn that choreography and he was going to do it. Hell, he had to call a professional in though, he was not that crazy.

"Yo Gin, wanta work with me on this tour shit?"

"Not if that's how you ask me!" she snapped. "Boy bye!"

She hung up on him.

Well, that left him and his dance choreographer, to get him to dance like Chris Brown in a short amount of time. He was icing his knees, and not the ice he liked, every night.

"Aw, my poor baby," Kitty said, kissing his knees as he lay in bed with ice packs on them.

"Kitty, you ain't helping."