8. Hot Flash

It's hot, we hot, we fly-aye-aye
She's hot and a thot, no lie-aye-aye
Since I'm da man,
Damn right we gone sma-a-ash
Give her da fan,
She havin' a hot fla-a-ash

As soon as they arrived back in Springfield, her sister started designing something for her to wear to the Grammys that would have her look like a superstar, and not only some chick Icee brought along with him. The Grammys were a big deal in the music industry. Everyone would be there.

On top of everything going on with her and Icee, she still worked harder than ever. She brought on a few new clients to train, not that she wanted to, but her referrals and results were winning over many. She offered several packages, and some people only wanted three or six sessions. They wanted either small results or a jump start and do the rest on their own.

Fifty percent of her clients were long-term clients, meaning she trained them well beyond a package special she offered. Many wanted to be trained at least two days a week. She charged between seventy-five and a hundred dollars an hour. She worked eight to ten hours a day training.

She worked every day but Sunday and had lots of billable hours. Because of her background in business, along with several accounting courses, she knew how to handle the money of the business. She ran her business in the basement in her home gym. She had one employee, Janice Peterson, her assistant. Janice made all her appointments and ran errands for Kitrina as needed. Sometimes Tennille would come down and get in her way and offer to help or do something, but she did not even try to take the business seriously.

She loved her work. One day she was out with a client on a jog and headed back to her home gym. She saw a limo double-parked in front of her house.

"Icee!" she immediately thought.

She rushed into the house and saw Icee sitting in the living room, chatting it up with Tennille and Janice.

"Yo, Icee is here," Tennille announced.

"I can see that," she replied, looking at him with a raised eyebrow. "You didn't tell me you were in town. I'm training a client right now."

Icee looked over at the young Black guy dressed in baggy sweats. He did not like him. Not with the way he eyed Kitrina's ass in her fitted athletic wear.

"I have something I want to show you," he stated as he stood up.

"I told you I was in the middle of a workout. My client has paid for my time and—"

Icee pulled out a wad of cash and handed her client two crisp hundred-dollar bills.

"Here, go find yourself a new trainer," he said to him and took Kitrina's hand, and walked out of the house.

"Icee! I can't believe you did that. That was very rude!"

He did not have time to play nice with insignificant people. Time was money, and though he had lots of it, he was not about wasting his. They got in the limo and the driver took off.

"Where are we going?"

"Don't you trust me? Just relax and wait and see," was all he said, with a grin at her.

She could not believe Icee had barged in on her while she was working. Not only had he probably destroyed the relationship she built with a new client, but she was also going to be late for her next client now.

The limo drove to downtown Springfield which in the last few years had seen tremendous growth and revitalization. The limo stopped, and the driver got out and helped her out.

"What's here you need to show me Ice?"

"Come on," he asserted, taking her hand.

He led her inside of a tall building and to the elevator. They stopped on the sixth floor of the ten-story building and Icee directs her out and down the hall. It was quiet and eerie.

"Where are we?"

"This is my building, I own it. I have my record label on the fourth floor. My father's business on the fifth. The non-profit is on the first and second floor. We are in my new business I'm kicking off. A clothing line and I want you to head it."

"Excuse me?"

"This," he explained to her, "Was something I always wanted to do. All the big celebrities do it. Beyoncé has Ivy Park, Diddy had Sean Jean, Jay Z had Roca-Wear, why not me? I want you and your sister to come in and do your thing. When you girls were talking about it in Chicago, it was your interview. I knew I had to bring you on. I know you have the business savvy and twin has the fashion eye. Did she make those white outfits you wore to the all-white party?"

"Yeah, so?"

"I knew it!" Icee got hype, talking louder and fast. "Y'all were some bad bitches in there and no one had a style like you two. That is the kind of clothes I want you ladies to work on for me. High fashion, but affordable and for all types of women. Kitty, this is your dream, running your own business, right?"

"I do run my own business.

"You didn't do four years of college for a degree and just spend it exercising all day. Kit, this is a chance of a lifetime. To truly build an empire. This building is special to me because Craig bought it, then it became mine. So when I wanted to start up my businesses, I already had this. Let me show you around."

Kitrina could tell Icee was excited about this project as he showed her around the empty spaces on the floor. She let some of his excitement be hers, but she was still unsure of what was going on. This was serious. Icee was investing a lot of money into this. This was too much to handle.

She fanned herself with her hand.

"You okay?"

"I'm too young, but I think I had a hot flash."

He laughed. "Forever loving on my songs, huh?"

"No really, I think my excitement level for one day-"

"This could be your office. Look at the view, feel that power baby," he said, standing behind her as she looked out the window.

"There is a lot to consider Icee." But it was just a job, maybe she needed to look at it like that. Like she was head-hunted.

"Yes," he said kissing her neck, "But I believe in you. I believe in us."

Why would she want to leave her very profitable business she worked on for the last few years to start something unknown with Icee? And was he just offering her this because they were dating?

"You're qualified baby," he told her as if reading her mind. "I felt your passion in fashion and running a big, successful business in that limo in Chicago. I'm going to leave you here for a minute to think about it."

Was she truly crazy for letting the thought that she could run a major company, a worldwide company versus her little local personal training business into her head? Icee believed in her, she needed to believe in herself.

She left the building and Icee was waiting for her in the limo.

"Here's my offer to you, it's very competitive with perks and benefits, but we can negotiate it if you want," Icee said, very professional as he handed her a manila envelope. "Don't look at it now and give me an answer when you're ready."

She did not have to look at the offer, she knew she was taking it.

A/N: Icee starting a fashion clothing line and Kitrina running it? So now she will work for her boyfriend, and not only that, this is major. From her small local business to worldwide. Boss up Kitrina!