21. We Dem Boyz

We dem freaky boyz from da Mo!
Dem rich boyz
Ride in a Benz boyz
Got all da hoes boyz
Money in da bank boyz
Dem holla at yo' girl boyz
Pretty motherfuckin' boyz
Rap skills, flow tight boyz
We dem boyz, don't fuck with dem boyz

Since Icee was heavily promoting his solo album, he was not traveling with the Facts like he had done all of his career. T-Zack was busy running Da Factory Hitz and overseeing all the artists they signed. Freezy was the producer for most of the music at Da Factory so he stayed busy. AKA was in hot demand and doing collabs with other artists. Everyone wanted a solo album from her so she was in the studio a lot, but had not discussed the possibility of a solo album. TA was just being TA, wilding out and partying like never before. 

It was challenging putting in work as a solo artist. Before, they could split up and do interviews, even do photo sessions separately. Now it was up to him to make sure everything for his album was done. His whole staff was working overtime for him. As much as possible, he wanted to be home in Springfield, close to Kitty, and help her out as much as she needed. She was doing too much. Trying to build that mall, their house, plan a wedding, and still running KStyle Fashions? She was not Superwoman.

Kitty came with him to Atlanta for a week while he did promos and some shows. She was with him at the radio station when they were interviewing him and things got crazy. The radio host was an old friend, he had known her since he started in the business and spent a lot of time in The A. She did not have to go there.

"Yo, Fonda Baxter on The Hot Show, ladies and gentlemen, I have a special guest here with me today, that oh-so-sexy, heart-breaker himself, Mr. Isaac "Icee" Curtis!"

"Hey Fon girl, what's good," Icee said, sitting across from her at the music board.

"Boy, why are you looking like hot sex on a platter this early in the morning?"

Icee grinned. He knew she better not clown while his woman was sitting right there. See, he had a past with Fonda. Cute Puerto Rican who was thicky thick with a J-Lo vibe. They kicked it a time or two but they remained strictly business when it came to business. Maybe he should have warned Kitty about that.

"You know that was my favorite song, you guys are my favorite group, and you're my favorite member," she said, giving him a flirtatious smile.

What in the actual fuck was she doing? He had to end this right now.

"Yo, thanks Fonda, you know, I brought my number one fan here with me today, my fiance, Kitty Kelly. Kit, say hello to all of Atlanta." He took Kitty's hand and pulled it to his lips to kiss it. He knew she just wanted to sit there and be quiet but he was trying to get her more involved. She was the face of his business, his future wife, her life was forever changed.

"Hello guys, great to be in your city. I love it here," Kitty said, squeezing his hand.

He knew Kitty was playing it cool and he would not hear the last of it. At least she was being a professional about it.

"So, the ladies, no everyone wants to know Icee, what makes Kitty so special you want to wife her up?" Fonda asked.

"Cuz she my winner, that's why. I found the right one, why not?"

"Ooo, so sweet," Fonda said, still smiling hard at him and barely acknowledging Kitty was there. "Ladies all over the world they missed their chance."

He was so fed up with her. "Fon, we gonna talk about my new album or what?"

"Oh sure, first, let me ask, what makes you think you can be a success all by yourself, without your boys behind you?"

"First off, my boys weren't behind me, we stand side by side. And my boys include my lil cuzzo AKA, the baddest female rapper out right now. I said that! Y'all better stop sleeping on my cuz."