48. Best Friend

*rap with Icee and T-Zack
Don't fuck with me, don't fuck with him
Stay in yo place, get the fuck outta our face
Don't fuck with me, don't fuck with him
T-Zack rolling with me, you my man Icee
Don't fuck with me, don't fuck with him
Ride to da end, yo that's my best friend

As Kitty entered her eighth-month, her sisters wanted to throw a big baby shower for her. Just another reason to have a big party. They were having it at Sarena's house. She and Victor had a large four-bedroom house and a huge backyard. It was mid-August and nice outside so they were having it outside. It was going to be co-ed, so all Icee's friends came as well. All the Facts were there. It was themed, everyone had to wear blue for a boy. Sarena did it up with the games they all had to play.

Kitty and Icee sat at a King and Queen throne, and had to wear crowns and were the judges for all the games.

Instead of gifts, because Kitty and Icee had already accumulated everything that baby would need for the next two years, friends and family could donate to the Foster and Adoptive Care Coalition of Springfield. Kitty was very interested in helping kids and babies trying to find a home, so they as well donated a large check to the organization. The baby shower was more or less a party to celebrate the baby to come.

Everyone with children brought theirs and it was the first time Kitty got to hang with T-Zack's kids in all the years of knowing him. Tyrone was now six and the last she saw of him was at her wedding. T-Zack's other son was four, Andre, and then there was two-year-old Erykah. Yes, he had named his kids after Andre 3000 of Outkast and Erykah from Erykah Badu the singer. Heck, T-Zack's first name was Tyrone, but he never went by it, so his oldest son's name was an ode to Erykah's song by that name.

"Maybe we'll name our next one after our favorite entertainer," Kitty said as she held a sleeping Erykah. "Beyonce for a girl!"

"Hell naw!" Icee said.

"You named our son, I have to name our daughter."

"Yeah, but we're sticking with names in the family. You know I'm named after my grandfather? That's how we do it in the Curtis family."

She looked down at Erykah and could not wait to hold her son soon. She wanted a big family because she grew up in a big family. Icee wanted six, but that was too many. Four for sure. Depending on how she felt after that, maybe another. If her mother wanted and had the six she wanted, she could have what she wanted. Having six daughters, the first at only eighteen, was not something seen a lot. How she continued to be a good mother after her husband left when Nola was only a few months old, was a testament to the woman she was.

She hoped she could be half as great as her. Hopefully, with Icee by her side, they would be great parents. She knew marriage was hard work, she did not live in some fairy tale that magically everything would be perfect. Some days Icee got on her nerves to the tenth power, but she loved him, flaws and all. She knew she was not the perfect wife either, but hopefully, Icee loved her flaws as well.

It would take a village to help her. She was so blessed she had five sisters that she was close with and could count on for anything. Not just her sisters, she considered them her friends. Besides Fayme, none of her friends from her past were still around. It was hard for her to make friends when her sisters set the bar high.

"Girl, get this heavy baby off you and near that belly," Sarena said, picking up Erykah. "Who baby is this?"

"Sorry, I got her," Michelle said, coming to get the baby then walking off.

"I just wanted to hold her, then she fell asleep," Kitty said, picking up her plate of cake Marcello made for everyone at the party. It was a hit and she did not even tell them it was vegan.