43. Someone Special

I think I know what love is now
How I feel when I look at you
And how it feels when you know
You found that someone special
I think I know what love is now
How it makes me smile when you smile
And makes the world seem a better place
That's how I know I found someone special

On the second day of the photoshoot, Kitty woke up early and showered and washed her hair. She knew her sister would handle the rest. She wrapped herself in a plush terry cloth robe and grabbed her phone and texted Randi to see if he was close by. Of course he was downstairs in his office, working to make sure everything was okay for the next shoot.

She then called Ashley.

"I'm ready."

"Bitch, I ain't," Ashley replied. "I had to drop Atiya off with Big Sis. I'm on my way."

Ashley had not agreed to be the KStyle Fashions spokesmodel yet, but she was still considering it. She knew her sister well, and she knew she would agree to it. Yes, Ashley had the shop to run and she loved doing hair, but she knew she would not turn this opportunity down. They had always teased her about being so tall and naturally thin and that she should have modeled, now she could turn all that teasing on its head.

She arrived downstairs and Kitty buzzed her up. Ashley came with an assistant and bags of hair things.

"What do you need all that for?"

"Girl, what you think I use, water and a prayer to get yo hair to shine? You're about to be plastered everywhere and if you're talking about breaking the internet, I'm here for it. Tell Freya where are we setting up?"

"In the dressing room." Kitty lead them into her closet/dressing room and sat in the vanity chair.

"Girl, I'm about to do my thing with this big ass fro. Something different."

"I bet Icee won't like it."

"Fuck him, his bald-headed ass. What does he know about hair? Stick to fuckin' music," Ashley said.

Her assistant Freya wrapped a cape around Kitty.

"You're so pretty up close Kitty, like damn, all y'all have good genes. Y'all get that from your mom?" Freya asked.

"Yes!" they both said then laughed.

"Mommy was so fly!" Ashley said, starting on Kitty's hair by parting it down the middle. "Like so pretty and fly, and just knew it. Deep dimples like Kryssy, brown-skinned like NiNi, all this thick curly hair like Sarena. Body like Kitty, even after six damn kids. And super smart like NoNo."

"But everyone says she looked like me the most," Kitty said.

"I mean, you and Kryssy, because of the dimples and brown skin."

"So who do you look like?" Freya asked Ashley, setting up their supplies on the vanity.

Ashley let out a loud lip-smacking noise, doing the sister girl neck roll. "Unfortunately, that dude!"

Kitty nodded with a chuckle. "Like his twin. Least sperm donor was nice looking. He pulled mommy, he better had been."

"Sho you right!" Ashley added moisturizer to Kitty's hair.

Kitty already told her sister what she was looking for. Something different than her norm. Nothing too extreme like cutting it or coloring it. She wanted to grow her hair out, so the fro had to go. Straightened, her hair was down past the middle of her back. It was too much to handle while she was pregnant, even with her sister and other stylists doing it for her. She wanted something low-maintenance.