18. U Da Winner

U da only girl make me wanna settle down
And u da only girl know howta' make a nigga proud
She got me open, she got me doing things
Buying up diamonds, and giving her fancy rings
She da winner, da one I need fo sho'
Now that I gotcha' I'm never lettin' go
Baby u da winner, winner, winner

Icee and Kitty were able to get away for a few days to Hawaii for his birthday weekend and they spent it mostly in bed cuddled up. Both were super busy. Icee's solo album "Who Iz Isaac Curtis" was dropping a week after Kitty's birthday and they were also coinciding it with the launch of KStyle Fashions in stores and on-line. They were super busy and they both did work while on vacation.

Kitty was constantly on her laptop doing last-minute work. Icee finalizing songs, release dates and setting up all the promotional work he had to do. This was their quiet before the storm. They pretty much spend the whole five days in their hotel suite, only leaving for small moments. Any time they did, Icee was recognized and swarmed by fans, so it was never worth it to venture out.

"How do you do it Icee, I just could never get used to those people grabbing me and trying to rip me apart...or in your case, molest you! Those women leaving hickeys on your neck! You have more lipstick on you than I do!"

They were having breakfast in their kitchen, which was delivered to their suite.

He shrugged munching on bacon. "I think of it as part of the job. If fans don't react that way, it means they don't care about a nigga. At least they love me."

She pushed him. "I don't think you want that kind of love."

"Right," he said, grinning at her. "Just your kind of love."

"And what do I get the man that has everything he wants...and then has everything he doesn't need."

He pulled her onto his lap and kissed her. "I told you ma, having you here spending time with you is all I need. Having you enjoy my world. Being a part of my world. I know it's an adjustment, but you handle it well."

"I know my place. I play the background."

"Babe, you ain't hardly in the background. You Kitty Kelly, motherfuckers know who the fuck you are, and if they don't, they will when they see your face everywhere with my clothes on you."

"Yeah, I don't know if I am ready for all that. I like being little old nobody."

"Baby, what I keep telling you, you ain't never been a nobody." He kissed her. "Just never change. I fell in love with that little church-going, non-cussing, non-smoking, and drinking chick that still stood up to me, and wasn't about to be with that hittin it and quittin it."

"Sometimes I wanna cuss people out," she said with a chuckle. "I say a prayer and keep it moving."

"Well, I'm glad you broke the celibacy for me," he said with a grin. "I mean, I like our relationship with no sex too. It's uh...different."

"You miss having sex?" she asked.

"Look, I would like to be making love to you err'day, but the way my schedule is set up...Nah, but I'm cool."

****************************

Icee was pulling out all the stops for Kitty's birthday. He invited several celebrities to the party, and they did not come out to Springfield for anything. If he asked, then they came. The party was going to be at Club 417 and the place was going to be to capacity. The Facts and others were going to perform on the stage. He even was going to have a surprise for Kitty.

"Yeah girl, the party gone be lit, I can't wait to see you there," he said as Kitty walked into their bedroom in nothing but a robe. "Wait, Kitty just walked in."