24. Sweatin' Me

Sweatin' me, hoes be sweatin' me
Fact Iz, why they sweatin me
We da best, fuck all da rest
Count my stack, nigga, who richer than dat?
Got my girl, yo girl, his girl, sucking on me
Check the bling, on my ring, respect ain't a thing
Rhymin' to dat beat, Spitfire brought dat heat

"So let me get this straight? You asked Ginger Hollands to be your maid of honor and you've only known that bitch less than a year? But you got Fayme...and your twin sister-"

"Rena, it's not like that. I just connected with Ginger, like we're old friends. Plus, she's like Icee's family, so she's there for us both," Kitty explained to Sarena while she was at the Kelly family home getting last-minute adjustments on her Grammy outfit. "Besides, all my sisters and Fayme will be in the wedding."

"You don't have to put me in the bridal party. You know I'm good on the sideline," Sarena mumbled but was happy when she asked her to be matron of honor.

"Big Sis, you know you lying," Krystle said as she worked on the hem of the dress. "Wedding of the year, of the decade...hell of the millennium, and it's your sister. You get a front row on the madness, take it."

"So you're not mad you're not maid of honor?" Sarena asked.

"Why? I know Kit's my best friend, I don't need a damn title for a day to say that," Krystle said.

"And Fayme hates the spotlight," Kitty added.

"All I care is, Icee got Tempo as a groomsman right? Match me up with that sexy man, sis. You owe me that shit."

"Got it," Kitty said and smiled. "Sarena any celeb you would like to be paired with? Any of the Facts or-"

"T-Zack," she said without hesitation.

"Okay, don't make his wife jealous," Krystle said.

"Whaaat?" Sarena said, sipping her drink. "You do know my husband will snatch a guy senseless they even look at me wrong. It ain't like that."

"Anyway, he's Icee's best man, so next?"

"Hmmm, is Drake in the bridal party?" Sarena asked.

"Girl! No!"

Sarena waved her away. "Then whoever."

Krystle finished the dress and Kitty started to take it off right there.

"Kryssy, you finished lil sis' dress?" Sarena asked.

"What there was to it. Two inches of fabric and a paper clip. She trying to outdo J-Lo and Lil Kim combined."

They laughed but Kitty saw the dress...or outfit...or whatever it was that Krystle "made" for Tennille. Just enough material to cover the nipples on her breast and the womanly parts of her body, the rest of the material was a netting material that showed everything. She was going to make a splash in that outfit.

"Once we get past Grammy night, or week, because Icee will be celebrating all week, then time should go quickly. I will be Mrs. Kitrina Curtis," she said with a smile, slipping on sweats.

"Hold up!" Sarena said. "You changing your last name?"

"And why not?"

"Cuz damn, I didn't think you would," Sarena said.

She shrugged. "I don't care. It's just a name."

"You can hyphenate like Sarena. Keep your damn name," Krystle said.

"Kitrina Kelly-Curtis? Hmmm."

Icee had a record of thirteen nominations for the Grammys. That was in part because Fact Iz had released their fourth album early last year and Icee had released his later in the same year. There were five nominations for the group, and eight nominations for Icee's solo album. To say he was on cloud nine was an understatement. As cocky as Icee already was, that just made his ego out of the stratosphere.