39. Dancing at Midnight

You're dancing alone, ma, what's up with that?
Sexy as hell, and that's the way I like that
The hottest thing in the club tonight
Having visions of making love tonight
Oh baby,
Dancing at midnight
Let me make sure that your body's right

Victor was on a mission, and they had total faith in him.

They were making their way to the elevator when Icee's cellphone buzzed in his pocket. He was going to ignore it because he wanted to just chill with Kitty after that debacle, but he looked at least to see who it was.

His Pops. He could not ignore that call.

He handed the phone to Kitty with a smirk, "It's for you."

"What?" She took the phone and saw that it was his father. "It's your dad."

"But you handle him better than I can, go head, he loves his new daughter-in-law."

Kitty rolled her eyes at him but answered the phone.

"Hey, Pops."

"Isaac being a punkass and not answering his phone himself? Give him the phone so I can put my foot up his ass."

Kitty tried handing the phone to Icee, but he backed away from it. He already knew his father was going to chew him out. Bonnie was in the building that he worked in. Bonnie was telling lies that she was having his grandchild. His Pops never liked Bonnie but played nice to her whenever she was around but talked about her like a dog behind her back. The feelings were mutual because Bonnie never liked his Pops.

"Pops, you're right, what can I say," Kitty said, punching Icee in the arm and then mouthing, "Imma kill you."

"I'm headed to you guys' place, somebody needs an ass-whooping," Pops said and then hung up on Kitty.

"You got rid of him for me, Kitty, you're the best," Icee said, hugging her then kissing her lips.

"Not hardly."

When they made it to their elevator, Pops was waiting for them there.

"Pops!" Icee went up to hug his father but he pulled back.

"Naw playa, why is that woman still saying she's having my grandchild?"

"Pops, you don't believe that shit. Fake news. She lying like her life depends on it and I don't know why."

"Kitty, how are you?" Pops said and hugged her.

"Good. Come on up. Are you hungry? I'll make you something to eat."

"See, now this is a good woman," Pops said. "Why would you fuck around on a good woman like this?"

"Pops! I ain't do shit! Kitty knows that. Don't you believe your son?"

They all got on the elevator and Icee continued to argue with his stubborn father.

"Man, I do know you. Unfortunately, some of my life lessons to you made you the playa you are-"

"Were, Pops, I'm married, happily," he said, putting his arm around Kitty, who remained quiet and calm. "See. My wife. Kitty, the love of my life."

"You ain't fuck her? One last time for old times sake. The way you two fucked like bunnies-"

His father was on one. Old people sure said the craziest things. Yes, they did have sex like mad crazy, anytime, anywhere, like maniacs. His Pops walked into his house on them plenty of times, in his kitchen, in the game room, all over his house. Pops rarely came out to the L.A. home, where the real madness took place. That's all it was with them, sex, sex, sex...plus he had extracurricular sex. He lived up to the name Ice-aholic Sex-aholic for sure.