26. Hit It All Night

Let me fuck u girl, right to sleep
And if ya want to, I'll go deep
Fuckin' on a bed of ice-a'ight!
I buy u da Burk, pay da price, right
I fuck her to she can't feel her legs (a'ight)
Shakin, quakin, vibratin, yeah it's tight
Baby girl wanta make luv all night long
And Imma hit it all night strong

This was supposed to be the biggest night of his life. He was performing his biggest song to date, a love song about the woman he loved. He was the most nominated artist that night. Most importantly, the only woman he ever loved was sitting in front row center witnessing it all.

He should be on cloud nine.

He wanted the night to be over. The first award of the live show was Best Rap Performance, and he knew that was an easy win. In fact, they were a lock on all four of those nominations because they were all in the rap category. For him, it was the solo ones, with the stiff competition in the RnB category, and him going up in the top four generic categories.

He was not worried. Like most artists, he was happy to get nominated. On top of all the nominations, he still had to present and perform.

He was performing "Sweatin Me" with Fact Iz and then going right into "Err'thang About Ya" with Ginger. Of course, as the Grammys do, song of the year was presented right after their performance and he was announced as the winner for that. He and Ginger had to come from behind the stage to accept the award.

"Yo, Ginger baby, you did it!" Icee was happy to let Ginger take the shine on this award, she deserved it.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you. Thank you, God, first and foremost. Thank you, Icee, for allowing me to be on this beautiful song you wrote for your girl. And Kitty, thank you for allowing me to sing this song with your man. Thank you, I love you girl!"

"I think everyone knows how I feel about her, so let me not get up here and get all lovey duvey. I mean, she came into my life and totally changed the game. Changed me and I am a better man for it. I would not be here tonight, on this stage, with this award, if it wasn't for her. Kitty, for real baby, it's just you and me. I love you."

Kitty was crying and dabbing at her eyes when they came back to their seats during a commercial break.

"Gin, look at yo girl," he said, gathering her in a hug. "I meant that shit baby."

Ginger came into the hug as well.

"I love y'all. Thank you so much, Kitty!"

"Stop making me cry like this," Kitty said, dabbing at her face.

"Kitty girl, let me touch up your make-up," Tennille said, coming over and powdering her face. "You better pull it together sis. When those cameras come back on, they gonna be all over you and you still need to look like a dime."

"My baby gonna look like a dime anyway," he said, kissing her neck. "You good?"

She nodded. "Do you have to keep going on stage mentioning me?"

"Every. Single. Damn. Time," he stated, holding her hand. "Get used to that, we got a couple more awards to go through."

They swept the rap categories, but he lost the best RnB performance and the best traditional RnB performance to Tempo. He won the best RnB album and best RnB song. Every time he went on that stage, he made sure to thank Kitty. People were probably tired of hearing her name, but he did not care. The top three generic awards were left.

Song of the Year was given to the writer of the song, he did not think he would get that because though everyone loved "Err'thang About Ya," all the other songs in that category were really hot pop songs. He won.