38. U & Me

For the rest of my life it's going to be you and me
When I wake up all I wanna do is see your face
Laying next to me in bed you're my everything
And whatever tomorrow brings, with you by my side
We conquer the world, it's ours baby, just you and me

Kitty dressed in the baddest outfit she could find in her closet. Power red skirt suit with a white blouse with ruffles down the front. She put on her black red bottoms, made sure she wore the big rock ring, couple more diamonds to show she rocked with Icee like that, on her wrists, neck, and ears. She fluffed out her afro as big as she could, even though she was tired of it. She had her face professionally done with a natural look. She was going for that "I woke up like this, bitch" look. Even though she knew paparazzi would be in the place, she gave two fucks about them.

Even less for Bonnie Walker.

She knew Bonnie would be over made-up, over-done and she was just so over it. Who the hell did she think she was coming into her city, trying to get at her husband? She had the wrong bitch. Kitty was not standing for it.

"Babe, you look good!" Icee said when he saw her. "That fro popping! I like it!"

"This might be the last of the fro, get over it," she snapped at him.

"You play too much Kit. Don't I get a say so in how you-"

Kitty cut her eyes to him, looked him up and down. "No, you don't get a say in how I wear my hair, what I choose to wear, or anything else about my body. I married you Icee, you don't own me, let's get that straight."

"Damn, you in a foul mood because of that bitch?"

She rolled her eyes at him but ignored him. Yes, she was in a foul mood. This mess would not have gotten this far if he nipped it in the bud a year ago. She could not believe she had to face this chick, see what she had to say about her man, and smile and be nice to a whole damn camera crew she brought.

"Babe," he said, coming up behind her, putting his arms around her. "Don't let her get to you. We're going to handle this shit together. Nothing she says will fuck up what we have, a'ight."

She nodded.

"Naw, I need to hear you say that."

"Of course Icee. You know I love you and believe in you. I just...let me calm down and meditate a bit before we get down there."

They were having a "press conference" with the media Bonnie brought in, even local news wanted to be there. Bonnie wanted to put all her cards on the table and confront them both. Icee did not want to do it, Kitty was all for it because it was all lies. She was going to play nice, but she wanted payback.

Bonnie was on the second floor, at Boyz in Da Field conference room. That was Kitty, she thought it would be a nice touch to show off some of the good Icee did for the community. Icee did not want them anywhere near his business, especially since they lived in the building, but that was a little known fact.

They rode their private elevator down to the underground garage, met with their security, then went to the bank of elevators for the rest of the building.

"I don't know how Imma act when I see her Kit," Ice said while in the elevator. "I still think about what she did to you and...and...I just might blow."

Kitty took his hands. "Don't let her see you sweat. Tell the truth. You have nothing to hide, right?"

"Kitty you know I don't."

"Let them know that."

He pulled her hand to his lips and kissed it. "Love you girl, let's do this."