23. On Da Way to Da Field

Da Field small, but we still do it all
We hit da mall, fuck, drank, smoke it all
We shake it off, Club 417, on our way to heaven
In Da Field, don't hit da club till about eleven
Icy chains, pimped out whips, let's take a dip
Let her get that Hen or Patron sip, now she whip whip
Puff, puff, passin', stop gassin', I ain't harassin'
You an ass and you need to roll the grass, on da way...

Grammys were around the corner. A wedding around the corner. Mall to open later in the year. House to be finished later in the year. Work was still work and she was handling it all.

Her face along with her sisters was plastered everywhere. In magazines, all over social media, everyone was talking about those Six Sexxy Sisters. She never wanted the fame, though some of her sisters loved the attention.

"Girl! I already had haters, now the haters come out at night," Ashley said with a giggle. She was over Icee's house doing Kitty's hair for an event she was attending with Icee.

"Stop it with the Fact Iz songs," Kitty said.

"Can't help myself. Dem boyz always putting out dem hits. Who knew when they were nobodies performing all around town they would blow up like they did. Why do they all have to be fine? That's what sets them apart from all the other rappers out there. Their good looks."

"Well...I think it's their rap style. It's different."

"Ok, because they are always rapping about the ladies, the ice, the money, the sex...what else? Oh, partying, dranking, and getting turnt! Holla Holla!"

"Sounds like you back in the day."

"Back in the day?" Ashley pushed her sister's hair as she was braiding it. "I still gets it down. You think because I'm twenty-eight and have a kid I'm old. Bish!"

"So, has old flames been hitting you up since you became a hot commodity?"

"Old flames? Humph! Let's not go there."

Ashley had a slew of men trying to get with her. Of all the sisters, she was the wildest when it came to men, and that's even over Tennille.

"Did you know NiNi trying to hook up with TA?" Kitty asked.

"Yes, and?"

"She trying to play that boy. She doesn't even like him for real."

"But how is that your business? You have a man, let her live it up and party with several men if that's what she wants to do. She's young. Heck, when I was her age-"

"That's how you got pregnant at twenty-one."

"Judgemental ass," she said, as she finished up the last braid on Kitty's head. "No fro, you like?"

Kitty examined her hair in the mirror. Ashley braided her hair in an intricate cornrow pattern all flowing down her back. Her hair was getting too long to just wear fros and puffs so she was trying to find a new look she liked.

"Least you didn't do them too tight giving me a headache," she said, running her fingers over it.

"Naw. But if you get a weave next time, they will be tight, plus a sew-in, and you'll be popping pain pills for days."

She had never worn weave before. Even before she went natural and had a relaxer, she always had nice thick, long hair.

"We need to glam it up a bit for this event with Icee. I brought some hair jewelry for you. Girl, you will be fly, and if not, give two fucks about it. You got the man, you got the ring."

"Thanks, Ash. Do I still have to pay you?"

"Sister discount," she said, packing up her stuff. "Even though yo ass is rich now."