29. Rap Sumthin'

I spit game like dat, I get brains like dat
Nuttin' but soft leather seats, it came like dat
Bite our style we cancel all y'all
Undefeated, better believe it, dats how we do
From Da Field, to KC, back up to da Lou
Ain't no other muh'fuckas spit game like us

Kitty cried herself to sleep. She woke up having a nightmare. Bonnie was choking her and Icee was not coming to save her.

She looked around the room, no Icee. Ginger lay sprawled out on the bed snoring loud like an old man.

It was not a dream. It all happened last night. She touched her neck, it was sore. She sat up on the bed, looking down at herself, and saw that she was in pajamas. She did not remember getting out of that dress. She did not remember anything except feeling like she was going to die.

She was tired of playing nice girl. What the hell had that gotten her? Letting groupies walk all over her. Letting that bitch Bonnie try to kill her. She should have dealt with her day one.

Old Kitrina Kelly would have.

She touched her head where that bitch pulled her hair. Felt as if she fell and hit her head. She wanted to find that chick and give her a real ass-kicking. She wanted to call her sister and say one word and they would activate like the Wonder Twins.

And Icee's ass.

She did not even want to get started on that man. A man that claimed his undying love for her, yet, she was constantly getting mistreated by all the other females in his life. What the hell was she doing? Was she going to marry this man and deal with this for the rest of her life?

She looked down at the ring on her finger.

Why did she have to love him so much? She cried silently, wiping her tears, not wanting to wake Ginger. She slipped out of the bed and walked into the bathroom. She ran some water and splashed it on her face. She looked up at herself in the mirror and broke down crying again. Her neck was covered in dark bruises, it looked as if she escaped a hanging.

She sat down on the floor and curled up in a ball and cried some more.

"Kitty!" Ginger came rushing in and sat down to hold her in his arms.

"Icee doesn't love me," she said through tears.

"What? Why are you saying that? You know that man loves you."

"Why would he let her do this to me?"

Ginger rubbed the tears from her face. "Now you know he didn't let her do a damn thing. As much as I blame him too, girl, that man loves you. I know. I've been knowing him too long. I've seen him with other girls. I've seen him with that bitch. The way Icee loves you...like Craig loved me...they fall hard and deep."

She never knew about Ginger and Craig that way.

"I had that chance to have everything with Craig. I fucked it up, Kitty. Don't fuck this up what you and Icee have. Give that man a chance to fix this."

"I love him...I hate him right now though."

****************

Icee slept on the couch all night. Sure, he had other bedrooms, but he was not planning on getting any sleep, he was hoping Kitty would come out of the room and get him and he would hold her and fall asleep with her. She never did.

He did not get much sleep. He kept waking up, walking to his bedroom door but never going in. Kitty needed space, he had to give her space.

He sat up from his few winks of sleep and rubbed his face. He still had on his suit pants and his shirt, unbuttoned. He was stressed to the max. He picked up his phone. A lot of missed messages and texts, some even from Bonnie. He deleted all her shit, every text, every message, every picture, her whole contact. He wanted to reach through the phone and strangle her himself.