28. Lurkin'

When dey want what u got, bitches be lurkin
Stop tryin' ta be what u not, bitches be lurkin
My money ain't yo problem, bitches be lurkin
Fuck ya think, we dem boyz, bitches be lurkin
Step to da Factz, we 'bout dat life

True to his word, he was spending more time with Kitty. He was home whenever he could and limited the number of shows. He did not want more mess like that show in NYC where she was attacked by his fans. As their wedding date drew closer, he felt like something could go wrong but he hoped that gut feeling he had was just nerves.

They were back in L.A. for a special awards banquet. Nothing but celebrity and the rich gathered to congratulate themselves on whatever bullshit they were dishing to each other. Since he did a lot of community work in L.A. and owned property there, he was a resident and they were honoring him with some community activism award. While he did consider L.A. his second home for the last five years, it was not home to him. He did so much business out there it was just smart for him to own property there and give back when he could.

Kitty was looking forward to the event. It was small and intimate, not a big venue, and only about one hundred attendees. At least it was only celebrities and not crazy fans. It was black-tie and he wore a nice Givenchy suit and she wore a Valentino black form-fitting dress. It was nice, but she should have worn one of her sister's dresses. Also, she had her hair straightened, something he had never seen in the year and a half of being with her.

"You're looking at it like you don't like it," she said while they ate their one thousand dollar plate dinner.

"I don't know, it's just...different," he said. No, he did not like it, but he was not going to tell her. He knew women. Don't mention they have gained weight, their age, and that their hair was not cute.

"I like it. Just trying out some things to see if I want to wear it like this for the wedding," she said, running her fingers through her shiny, straight black hair that reached her mid-back.

"I mean, I vote fro," he said.

"Fro, in my dress, not sure that's a look."

"Baby, you can come down that damn aisle butt ass naked, with a shower cap on, I don't care."

They were at a table with the rest of Fact Iz and Ginger who brought along a date. Some lil rapper guy that was older and a has-been. Riding her coattails because she was in hot demand after her Grammy win. Who was he to judge who she kicked it with?

"Kitty, it's cute, I like it," Ginger said.

"Icee hates it."

"I didn't say..." He was just going to let that go. He kissed her on the cheek. "Shave yo head bald baby, I'm still fucking with you."

T-Zack was on his other side with his wife Michelle. TA was in his feelings because Tennille had a performance and could not be his date. He still did not see TA and Tennille being a match. He was wild, she was wild and they definitely were not trying to tame each other. Wasn't his business so he was staying out of it.

"Kitty, let's go to the ladies' room. I need to uh...powder my nose," Ginger said, getting up from the table.

"Aye! You trying to take my girl out and smoke or something?"

"Boy, shut up," Ginger said, smushing his head.

Kitty went with Ginger to the ladies' room. She did have to go. They both made it to the empty ladies' room and went into a stall.

"Girl, aren't you nervous this close to the wedding? Like is your stomach bubbling up and you about to have a nervous breakdown?" Ginger asked from the stall next to her.