S2 E4 : 🚬 B47 🚬 (Ch. 170)

"Come on, Doc. You know you like some green in your diet."

Complete lie. Back at Camp Blue Sky, he'd fill my plate with veggies before he'd even think about putting any on his. I think the only vegetable he likes, is corn. And I think 'like' isn't an acceptable word for it.

I lifted my makeshift garden bat to hover over my right shoulder as we continuously eased inside the Giant Shops of Horror, as Doc referred to it as.

"Everyone has their limit, kiddo. And I've reached mine."

I chuckled softly at his reply, but my laugh was cut short when an unexpected beast decided to pop his body out from my side. I came to a complete stop, turning my body to the side. My tongue was bit by my teeth to not scream.

My arms were forced to go into survival mode, getting ready to hit a home run, but someone grabbed my left wrist.

"Murphy," Warren warned him from the spot she had stopped walking in, but her hand never left her weapon, "you best control it."

I could see from the corner of my eye, her eyes showed worry and nerves were beginning to alarm her. I couldn't lie when I say the weed zombie was mere inches away from my beautiful face.

This can go either one of two ways, and there will be no in between: Murphy won't control this thing and I will turn Z, or someone is about to kill it for Murphy. The beast's teeth was already showing as it sniffed the air for our human scent.

Even his teeth were green as the grass grown inside his body and mouth. I could see furs of what was suppose to only be growing on the ground. Disgusting. My breathing had stopped, but my heart was pounding my chest, sending more vibrations to my pulses.

Thank God they can't feel pulses from far away or close up. I watched as a thin connection was forming between the Z and Murphy. It seemed challenging to get inside the thing's head. Were they just not on the same frequency or something?

I don't know how this goes!

"Do something." I whispered out to the one person that could save me now.

The only person that could save anyone he chose. When Murphy acted like he was about to lose his grip on the Z, another person stepped into the mind games. I felt the removal of one of my throwing knives before I watched it come down on top of the head in front of me.

"3,216."

Ease rested between my shoulder blades at the mere thought of being saved by anyone, but tension formed back into the head of our prisoner. His groan was evidence that pain was radiating from his head.

The vein that popped from the side was showing us further signs of pain. Bad headache, maybe? Could be lack of hydration. I know I have yet to see him drink or eat anything. Lack of something, for sure.

When I blinked back to the zombie tangled in spiraling vines, the animated body seemed as it was not touched by my blade--but by someone else's hand.

Only difference now than before was the leaking liquid from it's forehead, but the green ooze mixed with other compounds. I could smell the metallic scent that usually came with the crimson blood, though.

Too much marijuana in it's system, maybe?

"What the hell, Murphy?" I asked, noticing how it's status didn't change in a matter of seconds; mercy was not given.

It's body was still trapped to this earth, still curse to kill those that it loved, knew or never even heard of.

"He should be dead." 10K took part in my observation, feeling like he wouldn't get to keep his number since the undead was still undead.

I mean, does it count? He stabbed it in it's head, which would kill a normal zombie. But it's still thinking about eating me. When 10K raised his arm back into the air to repeat his past actions, Murphy released my skinny wrist to grab at 10K's, pushing me out of his way slightly.

I had to shuffle my foot against the dirt path, feeling the small rocks rumble in disagreement.

"That won't work here!" Our sick-looking acquaintance persisted into not letting our sniper strike the beast once more, keeping his own head up with his own hand.

10K had piked the vined monster. A headache burned Murphy's brain as soon as the action was done. Does this mean that Murphy can feel these zombies as if it was his own body? How can that be possible?

"They're all interconnected by the veins." Murphy continued out the reason why 10K would not be able to claim this kill as his own when confusion was swarming behind the iris's of our handsome killer.

"You can't kill one without killing all of them." I pieced together what Murphy was trying to spit out despite the pain he was feeling behind his eyes.

You also hurt Murphy when you hurt them. I bet this also means there's a source we can kill to make sure all the zombies in this greenhouse is put down, altogether. No hive could survive the destruction of their 'queen bee'.

Once the all-knowing 'Messiah' knew the information had sunk into the third party's processing, he released his friend-enemy. As all three of us looked to the threat at hand, I noticed it had yet to stop staring at me.

|| Our souls could be mates, wouldn't you agree? ||