Z Talk 🚬

Once again, the people in their assigned seats, were awaiting for the clips to begin and the excitement to slowly die down with satisfaction. On the last episode of Z Talk, it consisted of the deleted scenes from where 10K's part had been taken out, for length purposes.

To make sure nothing of the set was wasted, Author volunteered to host the cinema where his part would be shown to the public. This was a way for Nat Zang to earn extra money from the show, along with the characters involved in each scene.

The dark had become the public's new best friend, until the timer went off in the background. Seated in the middle of the stage, in front of the white screen, Author was in a grab-and-go chair. She faced her audience with a content smile.

The last deleted scenes she had shown were such a big hit, she couldn't resist giving more to her audience.

"Good (morning/evening) to the viewers with me and to the fans at home!"

The crowd clapped for the hostess, knowing that it was going to be one of those good (days/nights).

"I'm back with another small clip from 10K's point of view. You'll be seeing a never-before scene from the episode, Batch 47."

"Enjoy!"

As the lights were dimmed down, Author picked up her chair before any of the people who worked backstage had to take the time to grab it for her. Once it was cleared, the white screen behind her was better viewed, the projector flipping on.

\ \ \ \ \

I had made my mind up as soon as (Y/N) convinced Warren and Addy in letting her into the greenhouse for Batch 47. I did not want her anywhere near that place. I had a bad gut feeling about her entering that forbidden place.

Plus, how many harvesters have went inside that greenhouse and not returned? More than this off-brand scientist wanted to admit to anyone, even himself. As we all stood outside, I found (Y/N) with her back facing me.

I moved from beside Doc, approaching her with every intent to make her stay outside of the building with Addy and Vasquez.

"I don't want you going in there." I noticed my voice had dropped an octave with sternness attached to every vowel, but that always seemed to be a way I could get her to listen to me.

Authority seemed to oppress her than actually pressuring her, and right now, I just need her to listen to me. That's all. She whipped around, taking a step closer to me. When she did that, for a single second, I forgot how to breathe properly.

Is it not working for her anymore? Just like her older brother once did, she crossed her arms over her chest--which meant it no longer worked for her.

"Wherever you go, I'm going. Where that cure is at, I'll be there."

She's becoming more and more like Mack; stubborn as a bull. In a way, it's admirable but it could also be mixed with stupidity. She barely ever listens to me, but for just this one time, I need her to obey.

That's it. The next time, she can be as rebellious as her little heart desires. I'm trying to watch out for her life, and this greenhouse may have it out for her. I'm just trying to listen to her brother.

I have a bad feeling about this.

"Just stay out here with Vasquez."

She likes Javier. She looks up to Javier, in a way. So, maybe this'll work on her. Me, on the other hand, does not like Javier. I do not look up to Javier, in any way, shape or form. I don't like how he watches over her.

And I sure as hell do not appreciate the way he touches her every so often. She is not his, he is not hers. For a moment, it seemed like she actually thought about listening to me, but her expression changed.

Her response was a smile that seemed to have evil shaded onto it. Her eyes were set onto determination as she shuffled closer to me, now being mere inches from touching my boots with her own.

This time, I actually stopped breathing from her presence. What is she planning? The grin seemed to get wider as her thoughts got even darker. Oh, God.

"I'll make a deal with you, good sir."

Even though we had ben staring at each other this whole conversation, I couldn't help that my heart began to flutter when she said 'sir'. I finally got my breathing back, so maybe my heart just needed that to happen again.

What's going on with me?

"If you let me go with you, I'll stay close enough you can grab me whenever and we'll run out, together."

I could imagine dragging her ass out of there after something went wrong. I would definitely be pulling her by her hand, or her collar--whichever is the closest to me--, because Lord knows, she'll try to stay and fight something that's a lot bigger than her.

That's another trait that I admire about her, she's always ready for a good fight; no matter the size, who, or what it is. She'll fight it. She never turned down Vasquez's advances when it came to a fight she'd lose to.

She may look to an alternative, but she'll fight something if she has to. Hell, she even punched her own brother. The wounds on her knuckles are already healed up and no scars left behind, but the scene in my head will stay the same.

"And if you don't stay close to me?" I questioned, matching her stance, challenging her.

She won't back down from a challenge either way. I know for a fact she won't stay close to me. She's always got to stick her nose into something.

"If I don't stay close enough to where you can grab me, I'll owe you a kiss."

What? Did she really just bet my first kiss? Was it her first kiss too? My heart was jumping around like it knew parkour and my breathing stopped like I was underwater. I knew she was staring at me, but I couldn't look at her anymore.

If I did, I knew I'd be blushing like a little school girl. I wanted to climb into an empty grave, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind it if she ran off for once--as long as she came back to me safely.

How could she say something so out-of-character in our friendship? My heart, once again, felt like it was about to go into heart failure at just imagining (Y/N) kissing me. Do I touch her face when we're leaning in?

I know I'll have to bend down. Would she wrap her arms around my neck, like the women from my ma's old romo-cons? Would I even touch her, or-or is that crossing a boundary with her? How do I even make her feel comfortable in a situation like that?

I could hear someone clearing their throat, but I had ignored the sound, trying to figure out how to make her relax, when she loses.

Suddenly, I felt a heavy arm swing around my shoulders, then a familiar voice spoke what I had wanted to tell her--I just forgot to answer, "You drive a hard bargain, but we'll take it."

When I looked back down into her eyes, her smile seemed to have died down until Doc confirmed the bet was on for me. Was Doc listening in on us this whole time? Despite me not wanting her to, she took a step back from me.

Keep backing up until I can't reach out and grab you. To fill the empty space between us, she extended her hand out in between the distance. Doc always taught me that no deal was sealed until the two partners shook on it.

Should I even touch her considering the bet she had made with me? Would that be awkward or uncomfortable for her? Doc nudged the top of my back with his elbow as if that was the only way to knock the negative or second thoughts from my head.

I shook my head, taking a small deep breath. Don't overthink it, don't over think it. I extended my arm out, placing her small hand within my larger one. The size difference was highly noticeable but so was the ball of excitement within the depths of my stomach.

May she walk five feet away from me, but be safe doing so.

"Deal." With both confirmed together, not worrying if the other had said it or not.

Once she let go first, I began to overthink that it was weird I hadn't let go of her first, or maybe I was worried that I made her feel like it was the only way for her to go?