S2 E4 : 🚬 B47 🚬 (Ch. 173)

While the two found their way back to the crowd of harvesters, 10K was beginning to worry himself to grey hair. All he could think about was the small, microscopic possibility that (Y/N) could be dead or seriously hurt.

'What if a zombie grabbed her and Murphy couldn't stop it?' He recreated the memory of the time Murphy could barely get that one Z out of Her face.

They're strong willed, yes, and seems that to them, Murphy is just barely superior. This time was different: (Y/N) had taken the initiative and cut the vines that attached the King to Murphy. What if that made Him want her now?

Upon noticing her friend looking around frantically, Addy grabbed 10K's forearm to catch his attention. On instinct, he looked down at the person who touched him, semi-hoping it was (Y/N) grabbing him.

He wanted her to be beside him, reminding him of the bet she made with him--and ultimately lost. But it wasn't her that touched him.

"She's fine." Addy promised a promise that had no supporting evidence behind it, in a small whisper as if she was repeating it to herself as well--and so Hector Alvarez wouldn't think she wasn't interested in his conversation with Warren.

It was merely an opinion, which only had one truth: (Y/N) was a hell of a kid that could take care of herself. Not only that, but deep down, Addy knew that Murphy would take care of (Y/N). 10K refused to ask the millions of worried questions that ran through his head like Flash.

When he turned his head to look over at the crowd behind them, he swore he saw the familiar fabric of her red flannel but when he did a double take, it was completely gone. It was no longer in the sea of clothed people.

'Where did it go?' 10K questioned the reality his eyes were trying to expose his brain to.

Was he seeing things? He felt that the breathing in his chest had stopped, but it was forcibly released once he heard the sound of a high pitch gunshot going off close to him. His eyes focused on the victim who had fallen injured under one of Hector's men.

Thankfully, it was only a stranger to him. Not (Y/N). Of course Addy and Warren were concerned for (Y/N)'s safety, but Warren knew it was (Y/N)'s choice to run after a man that danger loved to follow like a lost puppy.

If she was big enough to wear those panties, then she was strong enough to survive the zombies from the greenhouse. She had trust in her girl. Meanwhile, the three--well, only two were consciously walking--were squatted down near the front of the crowd.

They weren't too close for Hector's eyes, but they were in the proximity to hear the conversation that was going on between Warren and Hector, himself.

(Y/N)'s dead weight was becoming tiresome on top of only one shoulder, but he was determined to carry her to a safe spot, or somewhere that Warren would find her.

"I know that guy. He's one of the top lieutenants in the Zeros." Doctor Kurtz had some possible theories as to why Hector was the way he was: merciful and cruel.

Maybe he sought to please his bigger boss. Maybe he wanted to actually help people, but the apocalypse brought out the cruelty in him.

"If he finds us, he'll kill us."

Kurtz knew he was in hot water with the brutal tyrant, but he wasn't able to decide how they'd treat Murphy and his daughter.

"He'll kill you. Me, they want alive." Murphy revised the situation, knowing how it'll play out.

They'd want--no, they need his blood for the vaccine and for testing. He was indeed the last known cure for the zombie virus; he was vital.

"And what do you suppose will happen to the little girl you're carrying around?"

'If they took me, they'd have to take (Y/N) too.' Murphy made his mind up that if it came down to that situation, he'd end his life if they refused to protect the one good thing in this world.

She didn't deserve to die, especially if her death was somehow connected to him.

"Come on." Murphy grunted out, no longer liking the topic of conversation, "I know where we'll be safe."

No longer needed, or caring for that matter, if Kurtz had followed them, Murphy took off to the greenhouse that (Y/N) and him had last escaped from not too long ago. Despite everything between them and the growing trust, Kurtz felt like he could read the situation a little better.

Naturally, he led himself into a position where he thought he could safely be hidden from the Zero's eyes. Wrong. 10K's breath hitched once again when one of the Zeros had brought out the familiar face of an old enemy that was supposedly perished.

'Wasn't he dead?' He thought that the short destiny of the bad doctor here had been sealed after the explosion of the underground lab.

"Who's this?" Hector faked not knowing the man he had once paid and promised a happy, healthy future to.

'What if he's seen (Y/N)?' 10K thought, panic now rushing through his small veins.

It was a confusing moment for him, you know? He's never felt so strongly about someone's absence before. He's never felt like he was standing on pens and needles when it came to someone younger, or older, than him.

He was there when his pa was bit. He was there to put his pa out of his misery as well. Everything that had happened, he was there for. It was different this time, though. Because it was her life on the line.

It was her life at risk.

"Hello, Hector." Doctor Kurian seemed displeased with being captured, but what could he possible do now that he was in front of the representational face of the cartel.

"What happened to your face?" Hector chuckled a little bit at the misfortune as he touched the sensitive radiation burn on the right side of his face, "That looks like my mom's chicharrones."

"It's a long story." Kurtz put it shortly and disrespectfully, not wanting to give these folks more of a show than he had already.

He just needed to find Murphy and that little girl so they could leave, and be out of this place by now.

"You can tell it to La Reina." Hector noticed how on edge the man seemed to be, but had yet to figure it out why.

Instead, he figured that the good doctor could sort the business out with his own boss, La Reina. By the time Murphy had started into the greenhouse, (Y/N)'s head had popped up with consciousness and her breathing became better regulated.

She had another dreamless sleep--which was unusual since her dreams were always vivid and memorable--, and it felt like she had only just passed out. Her head was pounding, true enough, and she wanted some of Doc's good pills.

When she woke up, she noticed the person carrying her was not 10K, Vasquez or Doc. Instead, it was the person who she couldn't stand at the moment.

|| Wake up, I need you here with me ||