S2 E1 : 🔹 The Murphy 🔹 (Ch. 128)

Doc jabbed his thumb towards his leader, nodding in agreement to what Warren had referred to Murphy as, "Yeah, what she said."

Murphy stood from his bar stool, "Now, Roberta, is that any way to talk to an old friend?"

Partial voicing of 'friend' was compromised as Warren took three steps closer during his questioning and grabbed the collar of his black shirt. The determined woman harshly slammed his lower back against the side of the bar when he spoke the last word.

When she had made the move, a low hiss sounded from the other end of Stripper Z. I turned my body to face the upcoming attack, seeing the once quiet and sitting Zs come to life with hostility and bloody faces. 

Holy shit, how did we not see them earlier? Murphy used the palm of his right hand, stopping Zs from making a move, or maybe he prevented the attack with his mind? Who the hell knows when it comes to Murphy.

Yet, they didn't even think about going against his wishes. Instead every single one of them either settled back down in their seats or stayed in the same spot. Some glared at us with menacing eyes and others looked off into the distance, not bothered by us now. 

So, when Murphy is being attacked or feels pain, the zombies want to react by helping him? Does that mean they feel what Murphy feels?

"Hey, hey." Murphy's voice stopped Warren's actions at the same time it stopped the Zs.

When everything went back to silence, and the air continued to grow with thickness, Murphy finally continued to speak with that sharp tongue of his, "That hurt."

Warren pressed her body closer to Murphy's, lifting his shirt up higher, as she continued to use her threatening tone of voice and facial expressions, "Oh, I'm just getting started."

I kept my hand in the pocket my knife was placed in, awaiting for any of their next moves. I got on Warren's left, guarding her vulnerable back. Doc got on the other side of the two stubborn people, trying to get Warren to settle down from testing Murphy's strength. 

She's about as hostile as a newborn Z when it comes to finding Murphy and putting him back on the right road. I don't blame her for acting this way. 

The zombies growled again once Murphy felt another sharp pain against his lower back by Warren's hand, but they settled back down instantly. So, once again, Murphy felt pain and the Zs reacted by protecting. 

"Now, come on, chief." Doc tried to reason with her mindset, "Hey, don't forget about the mission."

She's finishing the mission that Charlie had started, his last mission. At the cold reminder of what she took upon herself to complete, she finally shoved her body away from Murphy's. I took steps back with her, watching Murphy's movements along with the undead.

The zombies in this bar were mainly men, but there were occasional dots of women. These ladies were dressed in attire that proved to be worse than Cassandra's when we first met her, if we're going to be honest here. 

The women were in either their undergarments, that were still very see-through, or very transparent clothing. I think one of the ladies had on fishnets across her breast and, uh, hips. How is that even remotely comfortable to her?

Or, how was that even remotely comfortable to her when she was actually breathing?

"You damn near got us killed and killed million of other people." Warren summarized the damage he had done when triggering those missiles.

If it hadn't been for 10K's keen eyes and quick thinking when spotting that tunnel, then all four of us would've been deader than dead from that nuclear blast. There wouldn't even be any hair left on our bodies.