S.1 E.6 ~ RZ (Ch. 38)

The only thing he could really offer me was a sad smile. Jacob's followers came and tightened a metal rope around Major's neck before he could turn fully.

"Now, don't feel sorrow for the Major, brothers and sisters. Although we stood against the man he was, we take joy in his choice to join the Resurrected! Blessed is the path before him!"

"What choice?! To live with you lunatics or die and become a zombie?!" I shouted in disbelief to the unfair options we're served with.

"(Y/N)!" Warren warned, but I ignored her.

He isn't God! He isn't showing a fair trial!

"I don't know your name, sister, but I welcome you to the Resurrection Church. With us, you will know everlasting joy and peace."

"Peace? There was peace here. Joe Williams--."

"(Y/N)!" Mack hissed my name, trying to stop me but something in me took over.

Something that was relentless to get justice.

"--the man you just killed, gave everyone here peace. This was such a good place. It was a safe haven!" I shouted, fear no longer consuming me whole.

Who is he to say who lives, who turns, or who dies? Just because he has a gun? Jacob stepped away from in front of us all to stand right in front of me with a menacing glare. Even guns run out of bullets.

"And it can be again. Put down your weapons. Lets live the way that people are suppose to; help one another, work together." I pleaded, wanting to either end it right here and right now or die trying to help, "Put them down. Let us free. We'll help you. The Resurrected aren't any closer to God than you and I."

If I was killed right now, I rather die believing that the world may have sick people like Jacob but know that the people in my group are out there. This is just enough to die peacefully.

"I envy you, sister. The time for you to walk among The Resurrected is near."

Jacob had a narcissistic smile plastered on his pale face as he spoke with the upmost confidence about my death.

"I rather walk among the Resurrected than walk among lunatics like you."

I held my chin up in the air, looking into his soulless eyes as he pulled out a pistol. Not even he has a soul; just like the brainless Zs we kill. This can't be how I die, though. By a psychotic man that mom always warned me about as I grew?

This can't be, can it?

"(Y/N)."

Warren was preparing herself for something else. It wasn't for me, though.

"(Y/N)!" Mack shouted, trying to escape the bounding rope around his wrist.

"I'm going to kill you, you psychotic bastard." Charlie growled as Jacob pointed the gun to my forehead.

Mack screamed my name, but as he tried to somehow get to me, people started to hold him back.

"Don't worry, brother, for you won't be far behind (Y/N)." Jacob grinned even wider.

This isn't about God. This is about power. Maybe in the beginning it was about religious release, but now he's seen how beautiful power is and how addictive it is. It's like a drug. A dangerous drug that'll get you killed and overthrown.

"Rejoice as both of you will walk before me on the road to ever lasting life!"

Mack kept screaming my name, trying to get me to focus on him but I couldn't. Jacob cocked the gun to focus his attention back on my forehead. My heart was pounding against my rib cage. The area where the barrel was touching burnt like the Devil's touch.

Adrenaline was coursing through my veins, and I couldn't get rid of it. Sighing, I leaned my head against the barrel, waiting for whatever God I chose to come and get me.

"Listen, Jacob. Kill me, resurrect me, but spare her. Spare them." Charlie tried to get his life appealing, but it wasn't working.

Now, Mack started to scream at the man with promising threats. Jacob cackled in laughter at the sight. Charlie's attempts were fatal. Jacob started to laugh so hard, he leaned the gun back into the air.

"Don't be afraid, sister. I'll send you to a better place." He laughed like my life was a joke.

It was. In this moment, this was all a sick joke. My family and I were in the mall, and Mack convinced me to play a Life Simulator game with him. Warren and Charlie were recording our reactions with smiles on their faces.

Mack was holding back the laughter of a scared me about to die. 10K and Cassandra were at the food court, awaiting our arrival. Addy just watched with a smile on her face. My life is a joke and in this moment, I believed I was in the mall on a Friday afternoon.

This scenario isn't real; it's all the game talking.

"I'm not afraid of you. I'm not afraid of dying nor am I afraid of being resurrected. I'm afraid of what my brother will do when he's cut loose and I'm not here to stop him from killing your ass." I grinned ear-to-ear like the killer who tied me up.

I may die, but my brother won't allow the memory of me to die. Not like this.

"I am the resurrection and the life! I fear no mortal. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live!"

The sick man above me placed the barrel back against my forehead. This time, he pressed it harder, forcing my head to move back straight. My spine was in a proper posture, aching in suspension to what he'll do to me.

"Jacob, don't do this!" Charlie shouted over the screams of my sibling.

His finger was now placed over the black trigger. God, he's going to get trigger happy after me.

"Stop!" Murphy's booming voice made everyone go silent, "If you think the Resurrected are one step closer to Heaven, then prepare to meet your new God."

Jacob snapped his head over at the zombie cage. The men that surrounded us with powerful weapons were pointing at the zombie cage now. Murphy, with those lifeless, boring eyes, submerged from the horde.

He wrapped his hands around the bars, speaking as the other zombies coward away from him. What took him so long?

Jacob looked taken back from the scene staring right in front of him. Steadily and quickly, he regained his composure in a solid minute.

"Come, brother. Step away from the Resurrected. That's no place for a mortal human. Come join our flock. All are welcome."

He's going to kill Murphy once he understands that Murphy is not human, fully. An Asian man and an American man helped Murphy step out of the cage but made sure to keep back any resurrected.

The two men now took a step back into place, keeping their aim right onto Murphy's body.

"I am not one of the Resurrected. I'm your Messiah."

Murphy, you idiot. I love you.

"That's blasphemy, brother. We can all see you're one of the living."

Murphy suddenly moved to rip open his button up shirt. His eyes scanned the audience as they all examined his body from afar.

"Eight times! I was bitten and did not turn! Eight times I was infected by their bloody saliva." Murphy pointed behind him at the living dead as they reached for a way out, "And yet, here I stand before you. And I am here to tell you that he is a false prophet!"

|| We've all got different destinies ||