S2 E4 : 🚬 Batch 47 🚬 (Ch. 163)

• •That Night || No One's P.O.V • •

Warren drove the old medical wagon into the ditch, turning the lights off before turning the whole contraption off completely. By the time they had all taken turns driving the overly large vehicle constantly, the sun had into the distance.

Even (Y/N) got a chance to drive the machinery, but under Warren's supervision--same goes for 10K. Bottom line, they were all exhausted, mentally and physically. They all needed rest to finish out the destination.

Addy and Doc hopped off the end of the wagon, making sure to open the gate when they exited. 10K and (Y/N) sat on the edge of the trailer, beside one another.

Vasquez and Warren came from the passenger and driver, meeting the rest of the group for sleeping and guarding arrangements.

"Vasquez slept in the cab so he's going to take watch first. After Vasquez, I'll take point. By then, we should all be rested up for the day."

They all agreed with sleepy nods of their heads. They've had a busy three day, or was it already five days? None of them really cared to know at this point. The only thing that mattered was sleep.

"Doc can sleep in the truck. There's enough room in the wagon for the four of us."

Once she saw that none of them disagreed with the arrangements, she nodded her head towards them, encouraging movement. The small (H/C) crawled through the aisle's space, looking behind her to make sure the familiar sniper was walking alongside her.

Once she got where she wanted to be, all you heard was a quiet 'THUD' of her exhausted body following what it needed the most. How did she wake up when what her body craved the most was finally reachable?

The familiar brush of a thump on her forehead could always disturb her. 10K took the small scarf from around her neck, gently lifting it over her weak neck. He made a small pillow like she had always done, being careful as he slid it underneath her head.

He expressed a small smile to himself, not caring if any of the other's were to watch. They were all becoming friends, almost family. So, what should it matter if they saw him vulnerable right now?

The smile became lazy as he heard light snores rumble in the back of her throat, proving she can fall asleep under any condition. He laid down beside her on his back, keeping one arm under the back of his head for a pillow.

His eyes stayed on the twinkling lights from above, taking in a breath of fresh air. He enjoyed the relaxing night the day had settled into. Warren and Addy climbed onto the back of the wagon before closing the two feet high doors, blocking off their sleeping area from the apocalypse.

They could hear Doc opening the driver for and the closing of the door rattled the trailer they had all conquered. The two at the back of the trailer didn't seem too bothered by the noises.

After making sure the gate was locked, the two women got at the feet of (Y/N) and 10K before laying down. The four people had their feet facing each other, unbothered by recent events.

Addy had taken off her one sleeved jacket to cover her torso and arms, trying to stay warm during the night's drop of temperature. She wished she could fall asleep half as fast as (Y/N), but her eyes still enjoyed the view of the bright stars that littered the dark sky.

Finally, she decided it was time to catch a couple z's of sleep, closing her eyelids over her beautiful blue eyes. Warren laid onto her back, keeping her chocolate orbs to the dark sky, taking notice of some stars had disappeared the last time she looked up.