Z Talk 🛑

To the people in the cushioned chairs, and to the handful of fans that stood against the walls, in front of them was a black abyss that held wonders. Unlike most abysses, they actually knew what stood in the darkness. 

So, fear wasn't an option since they had no reason to fear what they couldn't see. Zombies were actors that were paid to kill off their favorite characters. The people that were so badass on movie screens were still pretty badass off of screens.

Only difference between them and the character they played was the lack of stress from the apocalypse. The bandits that caused chaos were simply doing their paid jobs. Nothing was to fear, but the adrenaline that mimicked fear coursed through their veins. 

As soon as the timer went off, the lights flickered on and the camera made it's circle across the crowd. Finally, the main camera landed on the host, who sat off to the side in her usual chair, of Z Talk

"Good (morning/evening) to the fans back at home. I'm your host tonight, Author. To(day/night), we're going to be doing something a little different."

The individuals were confused as to why they couldn't see their favorite actors, but they put trust in the host. 

"For this episode of Z Talk, we're going to be showing you, fans of Z Nation, deleted or never seen before scenes from Z Nation."

Some were open to the idea while others still wanted to meet their favorites. 

"This deleted scene was taken from White Light--Season two of Episode two--, but in 10K, Nat Zang's, point of view."

The white screen behind Author was rolled out while she moved her chair herself. The lights were dimmed once everyone had completed their assigned task. A projector that had been drilled into the ceiling a day before was switched on from behind the screen. 

\ \ \ \

I watched as Doc and Warren were the ones to pull Addy off of Murphy. His injuries seemed to include a broken nose and a busted lip. Nothing too major. Vasquez had Cassandra on the sidewalk with a gun pointed at her still form. 

Why is Addy beating the shit out of Murphy now? Where is (Y/N)? On cue, I looked around Addy to make sure (Y/N) wasn't trying to pull her off either but she wasn't there. I turned my head right, down the road they seemed to have came from.

There she was. I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as I saw her, though. She wasn't happy, she wasn't smiling. She looked absolutely miserable with life. On her knees as if she was about to be executed, and she looked like she wanted that kind of death at this point. 

Pain was written all over her flustered face as tears ran down. Her heart may have been beating, but one look told me she didn't want it to be working properly. It broke my own heart to see her like this. 

It broke my heart to think she could even look so depressed. Yet, it didn't take long for me to realize why she looked sorrowful: Mack didn't survive whatever they had just battled. My breath caught in my throat, but nevertheless I headed straight for her.

As I gained proximity, she began to stand on her own, which seemed hard to do. I was about to help her walk, but she must've thought I was there to hold her still. She shoved me out of her path, going straight for someone in the group.

Maybe Addy? I turned to the side, letting her walk on her own since that seemed to be what she needed. 

"(Y/N)." Warren had warned as if she could read the thoughts going through her head.