S.1 E.8 ~ Z (Ch. 50)

Tired and done with every thing that had to do with the apocalypse, Warren turned to look at Doc, who was standing beside 10K. The old man motioned for him to get in first.

"After you, kid. Age before beauty."

Silently and effortlessly, 10K climbed onto the slab and laid flat on his back. Warren helped him move his stuff around and fit everything inside with him. After locking the hatchet, Warren looked around at Doc and Murphy.

"Okay. One of you goes next."

Murphy and Doc had a moment of mental conversing.

Doc extended his hands, one into a fist and the other flat, "Rock, Paper, Scissors?"

"What are you? Nine?" Murphy snorted, nevertheless mirroring Doc's stance. 

Murphy won three rounds.

"Fine, I'll take it." Doc grumbled, unhappy about the lost from an ex-con man. 

"You better hurry up." Murphy snickered at his victory.

Doc made his way to the slab Warren had pulled out for his body to lay against.

"Here you go, Doc." I sighed, lifting his medical bag on top of his stomach.

His ocean blue eyes gave me one sympathetic look before looking at the ceiling above him.

"Alright." Warren muttered to herself as she shut and locked the door.

"I'll take the next one." Cassandra volunteered herself out.

Well, isn't she the bravest of them all? Once she was safely inside her small cell, the guy hesitantly walked over to Warren and I.

"I'm not good in tight spaces."

"Get in." My leader growled, giving him the 'I'm-Not-Taking-Any-Of-Your-Shit' look.

The man obeyed her words, but he was shaking in his pants, as he laid on the metal slab. You could see the blonde hair stick out against the light when his arm touched the cold, vacant metal.

Warren was pushing him inside the small department when he spoke up, "I don't think I can do this."

Too late, mister. I was the one to slam his door shut and lock him inside. 

"Okay, baby girl." 

Warren's forward footsteps walked me back till we reached the last door the morgue had for it's dead bodies. 

"Warren, you better hurry." Murphy pressed as the beating outside became more violent.

They know there are humans close by.

"I am." The dark skinned woman sighed, not wanting to frighten me.

"Warren, where are you going to stay?"

She didn't answer my question as she pulled out the occupied slab. A dead man with a bullet right through his skull was laid and already decomposing on the slab. Ew.

"Oh, damn." The leader muttered, not liking my luck at all.

What's going to happen now? For a minute, the woman just stood in the same spot, trying to think about the next move. What is the next move? There isn't anywhere to hide. Where was she and Murphy going to go?

"Okay." She spoke to herself, turning around on her heel.

She walked over to the first cabinet she had filled up. 10K's.

"Do you mind sharing?" She asked, knowing I had no choice but to say 'no'. 

I shrugged, knowing I didn't do so well in tight spaces either. Hell, I can't even stay in a car long enough to get situated! You know what, I think I rather get in a vehicle than go in there with another human being; even though it may be 10K.