S.1 E.6 ~ RZ (Ch. 35)

I just finished typing Sisters of Mercy, and let me tell you, I almost cried, but I doubt you'll have the same feelings.

Don't forget to star it.

----

"The scraps and waste all go into a biomass generator. We're up to four hours of electricity a day."

"That's cool." Doc smiled, truly admiring the man's hard work.

Joe single handily did all of this; create a small building into a fortress against the outside world. I'm shocked but very proud of this human.

"What's their story?" Warren nudged her head towards the three traitors of this base.

They sat around, closely, to one another, eating things that I haven't had in years. Cassandra was still gripping my hand around hers, preventing me from doing so. It's food, Cass. Food. I need the refreshment.

"We had a little trouble awhile back with a preacher we took in." Joe informed us as he crossed his well-built arms over his beating chest while looking at the trio as well.

"He drank his own kool-aid. Decided the Zom-pocalypse was actually the Second Coming and we needed to save the Zs, not kill them. Calls them 'The Resurrected'. Real whack-job. I'm not an expert on the Bible, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there about zombies."

Actually, Mark 12:25, 'For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor give in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.' The preacher back in Blue Sky didn't think like their preacher, though.

He just read The Bible and defined it for us. We all nodded our heads, intently to his every word.

"We had to kick him out along with his followers."

They were his followers. Just because they show up with a basket of fruit and ask forgiveness you're going to gift them back with your trust? What if they turn out to be a lie, again? You're not Jesus; don't forgive and forget.

"I've seen this kind of thing before. Crazy spreads fast. So, why would you let them back in?" Cassandra was the one to ask the question that's been bugging me since he allowed them back inside the fence.

A colorful picture of the brunette's past flashed by everyone's memory when she said, 'I've seen crazy'. We've seen her past, but not in her eyes. It's just been a painful, vivid memory.

Cassandra's not only seen crazy but psychotic.

"They all had family still here. I knew once they were out for awhile, they'd get hungry or scared and some would come back. Like clockwork, these three turned up."

His answer wasn't really an answer. Why keep letting the disloyal return?

"Not true believers, huh?" Murphy, also, watched them carefully.

His body is a temple and we can't let three wrecking balls crash it down. Not yet, anyway.

"Hard to believe on an empty stomach. Speaking of which, let's get you people something to eat. First meal is on me. The rest you trade for."

I could just imagine Doc's mouth watering at the thought of having something he hasn't had in a while; barbecue.

"No meat, of course." Joe smiled, stepping aside so we could see the vegetarian buffet.

Oh, sweet Jesus. My tummy growled at the people in front of me, pleading for it to get tamed. Cassandra finally relieved pressure from my hand but it came right back. Only for a moment. Finally, my hand was free from her hold on me.