S.1 E.11 ~ SoM (Ch. 70)

Warren obeyed the mentally unstable woman, coming to a complete stop a few feet away from the Z kid. We're all a little unstable in this car. Addy got out of the vehicle all by herself with a determined facial expression.

The Beauty of the team raised her spike bat high into the air above her head when she was about five feet away from the boy. We all just watched as she stood there, froze into a statue. She just allowed the Z to come closer to her.

Too close. Three feet.

"Addy! Hey!" Mack shouted from the sunroof, shoving 10K to the opposite so he'd fit as well.

Two feet. Addy shook her head to exit the trance that she had entered, coming back just in time to land the spike on it's head. It's body fell limply into the ditch that was beside the two. Mercy was given, but it should've received it sooner.

"I'm fine." She muttered, quietly getting back into the Tahoe after adjusting her jacket. 

Mack exchanged spots so he was behind the troubled woman.

After ten minutes of an awkward and heated atmosphere, we all spotted another kid. Only difference from the last? He was alive. 

"Another sad kid in a weird flower shirt." Murphy's voice showed so much enthusiasm for these visitors of the road.

"(Y/N), he's around your age. Why don't you try to speak to him?" Warren suggested, looking in the rear view mirror once she came to a complete stop. 

I nodded, happy to help out the group. With the help of Mack, I exited the trunk of the vehicle and walked around in front of the kid.

"Hey! You okay?" I asked, smiling at him warmly. 

He was an inch or two shorter than me; which was surprising. Nicely trimmed blonde hair with dark roots beginning to darken his head. Clean as the apocalypse will allow a pink flowered shirt to be.

The cloth was was nicely buttoned and tucked in his khaki shorts. A dark colored backpack around his shoulders, holding--what I could only hope for the kid to have--food and needed supplies for the road. 

He had just escape from wherever he belonged; not even two days had passed since his desertion. 

The boy jerked to a stop at my presence as I began to slowly approach him, "A-A little thirsty is all."

How many hours has he been out here? Maybe it has been a day or two. Wait, water! 

"Got it. Give me a minute." I quickly jogged over to Warren's lowered window. 

When she heard the request, she didn't hesitate to snatch the water jug from Murphy's cuddling grasp.

"Here." I walked back over to him, but now stood a tad bit closer, "It's safe and everything."

"Thanks." He finally gave me a small smile, gladly taking the water from my grasp.

"Very welcome, kid."

"Thanks, ma'am." He began to..eh?

"Uh, no. Call me (Y/N). We're around the same age, anyway. How old are you?"

"Thirteen."

"Well, since I told you my name, don't you think it's fair that I get to know yours?" I crossed my arms over my chest, keeping a calm, relaxed smile.

"Sam."

No last name? Or no last name that he's willing to tell?

"Fits you perfectly, Sam. Does your mom know where you're at? I know my leader would get worried if I drifted off from them."